Sign in to follow this  
jayspartanburg

Anyone want to help make a setreo and speaker replacement guide>??

I'm running 2 gauge to a breaker and then 4ga from there to the amps. All wires from amp to speakers will be new. The only stock speaker wires used will be the rears to LOC. 4 ga is usually the smallest I would use for amps, although I'm not against 8 ga for amps that are only a few hundred watts

Jay S.

Edited by jayspartanburg (see edit history)

Jay,Have you started yet? I See we're only 90 mins apart .I did this professionally for years and I would like to help you free of charge.

I thought of that only problem with doing that is I wouldn't be able to adjust the front from the rears which is pretty important to me because I want to be able to lower the output of the rears when the top is up. I also considered running a EQ that has fader controls but decided not to.

Jay S.

You can fine tune the sound by using the gains on amps. Once you have it adjusted you shouldn't have to mess with them again.

My last Volvo convert had subs in the seat and somebody went through a lot of effort to get them in. I didn't go through the effort to find what they were. Someone whose done this professionally willing and close enough to help, probable knows where to get and how to open a seat to get them in. They won't be 10 inch, but they will be worth the effort.

Equalizer should be low outs only and low distortion.

I was thinking of either putting one where the stock CD player would be(mine didn't come with one) or somewhere hidden but in reach. I just don't want to spend the money on a good unit and don't really want to put a cheap one in.

Jay S.

Edited by jayspartanburg (see edit history)

My last Volvo convert had subs in the seat and somebody went through a lot of effort to get them in. I didn't go through the effort to find what they were. Someone whose done this professionally willing and close enough to help, probable knows where to get and how to open a seat to get them in. They won't be 10 inch, but they will be worth the effort.

Back around 95 one of the "older" guys from my neighborhood had a Blazer with hydraulics that took up the whole back so he put subwoofers under the seats. Man, he once gave me a ride to my girlfriends house and that was something else lol. I've been in cars with speakers built into the seats and liked them a lot. I like a lot of bass in my cars so that wouldn't work for me. In thinking about putting a shallow mount sub in my wife's PT GT so she won't lose too much space. When I got the subs and 4 channel I talked the guy into selling me a clean mono 250 watt RMS MTX amp for $25.

Jay S.