HELP, My 1931 Hupmobile went missing from my garage

huptoy

I just went out to the garage for a project item and my car is gone. I went in to see if there were any clues and if found a hand written note. It said:

"I have had enough of this cold weather and will be spending the rest of the winter in south Florida.

When the weather is better I will be back about the first of April.

I had hoped we would go down together and I refuse to spend any more time in OHIO.

Best of wishes till then.

Huppy Hupmobile

post-41405-14314239013_thumb.jpg

Actually, I can't blame him for refusing to stay here but if you should see him, say hello & please let me know.

He likes to visit friends in the the Sarasota and Naples area but will also go over to Ft Lauderdale.

Just 2 weeks ago told him the weather was much worse elsewhere and at least he is dry.

post-41405-143142390159_thumb.jpg

Edited by huptoy (see edit history)

Yes, it is the same car/trailer combination. The car is in nice condition but the trailer gets most of the attention.

post-41405-143142393834_thumb.jpg

The county historical invited me to display the car at the Wright Brothers home, Hawthorn Hill, they built after the invented the air plane. It during their annual fund raiser tours of the home. In reality, Orval Wright drove a Franklin.

post-41405-143142393827_thumb.jpg

Five & 1/2 years ago the car was photographed at a local car show & I was contacted for permission to submit them to Hemmings. A couple of months later I was contacted about a time and location to take the photos in the article. There was only a chance they would put publish the photos & article. About three years ago I decided they would not publish the article.

If I have offended anyone with the title line or comments, my defense is is a case of CABIN FEVER. The snow was coming down heavy and I just lost it. Actually the car is at a shop getting new brake shoes. At 40,000 miles the rear set were almost to the rivets and the front were about 30% left. I am inclined to believe the front had been replaced before I purchased it at 23,000 miles.

I enjoyed the story about your car and I agree that it's time for the snow to go. A few months ago I susbscribed to Hemmings Classic Cars when they ran a low priced subscription offer. Their mix of old and newer cars is enjoyable to read.

Terry