Sign in to follow this  
jayspartanburg

Jayspartanburg's 89 TC Maserati project log/ build thread

Not sure tbh. I was thinking of 3.3 springs.

On 4/14/2017 at 0:49 AM, TwinCamFan said:

What valvesprings are you going to run?  Often we don't realize how critical the right springs are to a motor, too light and they float early, to heavy and they tear up rotatating parts and kill power...

Not sure tbh. I was thinking of 3.3 springs.

On 5/24/2017 at 9:43 PM, TwinCamFan said:

Hmm, I've heard of the Woodgrain package:D

:) That's the Home Depot vinyl special! 

I have some pretty cool things going on that imma get done as soon I get some free time. I've been pretty busy lately, but there's gonna be updates within the next 30 days.

Small update ?

I went ahead with the air to water installation. I had to switch to a smaller civic radiator to make it all fit with my setup. I'll be going to a large civic radiator when $ allows. It was getting a lil hot, so I flushed the water that was in it, and refilled with water plus Royal Purples version of Water Wetter. I also installed a oil cooler, and the combination has helped a lot with the temps. I Bought a catch can, but I have to go pick up more hose. Going to put a smaller battery in, and work on "cleaning up" the look of engine bay. I'll post some more here soon.

IMG_20170709_182719.jpg

IMG_20170709_182713.jpg

IMG_20170709_182748.jpg

IMG_20170709_182731.jpg

I had overheating problems running one of those in my Omni. Was bad on a 75-80deg day doing 65 on the freeway. City cruising would be fine. Look into a vw scirocco radiator I've seen more ppl successfully running those. Looks good though!

I went back to a full size radiator. There car is down for the winter for repairs and upgrades. I'll add a pic of what it looks like later when I can get to my phone. Going with a fully ported +1mm valve 655 head. Not sure on the turbo yet. I have a 60 trim t3 on there now, but I'll most likely go with a t3/t4 turbo when I replace the head. No sense in taking it off more than once. Also getting new control arms, new rack, and new power steering pump and lines. I will also have the airride going as well. It's been awhile since I didn't need to daily the car, so hopefully we can get this right the first shot. May freshen up the block and put a clutch that can hold the power at the same time.

On 10/13/2017 at 1:32 AM, TwinCamFan said:

BMF, you crazy kids:D

Mucho polishing is going down this winter. Anyone have suggestions on a budget, quality t3/t4 turbo?

Again, crazy kids... When I was your age I loved chrome and polish, as I matured do you know what I love now?  Wrinkle black paint or powdercoat.  Clean, classy, and stock appearing...  You'll see in 15 or so years Jay:lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bill Reichert said:

I'm so old, I wash the car during every rain storm.

You and me both, OLD!  Can't wash my car too often, only rains once or twice a year and then just enough to get water spots on the car. 

My "California Duster" works fine though! 

Wow...that looks really nice. I've tried to polish before and while I can do it...I don't like it because of how long it takes. You said you were trying something different? Want to give up your secret sauce?

On 5/25/2018 at 3:09 PM, Reaper1 said:

Wow...that looks really nice. I've tried to polish before and while I can do it...I don't like it because of how long it takes. You said you were trying something different? Want to give up your secret sauce?

Nothing super secret. The water outlet was done with a spiral wheel and brown bar, then a loose wheel with white bar. The intake was done the same, but I had to sand it some. I'll have more updates on the car soon, I'm just wanting on some more parts to come in ??

Edited by jayspartanburg (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2018 at 6:57 PM, wild bill said:

Hey Jay, love watching your work and progress.

thanks Bill!

I have a Holset HE341 turbo and downpipe on my engine stand at the moment, I'm just patiently waiting on the head to get back from the machine shop. More updates soon ?

Hey everyone! I'm still alive lol. I'll be getting some work done soon, I'm just saving up to do as much as possible at once. I'll have more updates in a few weeks!