Getting the word out

buick5563

After getting to know Fred Zwicker (the founder of TP Tools) during the restoration of his 1954 Buick, I decided to give TP as much of my business as possible. I know there are other tool companies who advertise on this forum, but I wanted to try them out.

Below is a link to my story they have on their website. Please note that I had them put a link to the BCA Forum!

http://www.skatblast.com/HVLP_Paint_Systems.html

Edited by buick5563
original url didn't work (see edit history)

Mike

Thanks so much. I was hemming and hawing over whether to step up and buy a sand blast cabinet and painting supplies. I am at work but I want to read the entire content when I get home tonight.

Excellent Mike! Since buying my cabinet and compressor at TP several years ago during their big Thanksgiving sale, the experience was so good that I started buying other shop and resto supplies from them as well. Service has been impeccable. If anyone is passing through the Canfield OH area visiting the store in person is a worthwhile venture. Beautiful place with friendly knowledgable sales staff.

Interestingly I found out about TP when a guy from OH drove to my place to pick up a Riv transmission I was selling. He raved about TP and assured me I would not be disappointed if I made the trip out to the store especially if I was buying a cabinet and compressor. He was right on!

Guest my3buicks

Going to play devils advocate here ( nothing against this vendor). Why is it ok to help forum members out by recommending a good vender, but we can't help forum members out by giving the same advice for poor performing vendors. Something is not right about that.

Going to play devils advocate here ( nothing against this vendor). Why is it ok to help forum members out by recommending a good vender, but we can't help forum members out by giving the same advice for poor performing vendors. Something is not right about that.

Not disagreeing Keith. Like I said above, TP doesn't advertise on the AACA Forum, and I know that two other well-known tool companies do. Maybe they will complain for the free advertising that TP is getting here and pull this thread. Sorry Eastwood and Autobody Warehouse...

My main reason for posting was more along the lines of perhaps somebody with a Buick who goes to their website will see a member of this website's work and be lead to this Forum to join us. That was all.

Guest my3buicks

Could that not be construed as the AACA forum endorsing a business, and what if someone takes the advice and uses them and has issues. Again, nothing negative here about TP or Mike.

Keith,

It is all about liability for the AACA. It is OK to compliment, but dangerous to criticize...

Too many lawyers out there....

Could that not be construed as the AACA forum endorsing a business, and what if someone takes the advice and uses them and has issues. Again, nothing negative here about TP or Mike.
I was taught that it is ok to post good things, but keep bad things by private mail. The thing to do is if someone is looking to do buisness with a company ask to have PMs sent, good or bad.

A word from the Moderator :) Keith I hear and appreciate where you're coming from and have often wondered the same thing. But I have seen similar postings on the AACA General site itself, so as Chuck points out it must be "ok to post good things, but keep bad things by private mail" Pretty simple. And I certainly have no problem with Mikes post that promotes a good company such as Fred Zwicker's, TP Tools.(while at the same time offering a little self-promotion for Middletown Restorations too;) ) I got to know Fred during his restoration of the '54 Buick which by the way got a perfect 400 pt score in Charlotte and IMO Fred is one of the fairest and most generous business men I know. Fred is a BCA member and has contributed to the Buick Heritage Alliance with items for their auction. Now in his 80's, he has turned most of the business over to his son Bob, whom it appears, is carrying on the same ideals of management. (but Fred still still goes to work every day)

Regarding the part about "and what if someone takes the advice and uses them and has issues"....... some folks can paint a car with a rattle can and it come out looking like a million bucks (Mike is a perfect example of that) and others can use a $500 gun and it comes out looking terrible (I'm a perfect example of that) so painting is more about skill and talent not just the gun. So I don't think there is anything to worry about there. :)

So tha's my take on the subject, please carry on Edit) with the original subject of the thread. Or perhaps Mike would like to tell us how painting with an HLVP gun is different than with a conventional gun. buba.gif

Edited by MrEarl
trying to get this thread turned around (see edit history)

Doesn't anyone ever tire of POLITICAL CORRECTNESS?

Do you ever tire of dropping your head and tucking your tail between your legs?

Do you find yourself writing down a response, analyzing it's impact and wondering if someone might take it the wrong way?

Do you find yourself sitting down when you should be standing up?

Do you get irritated watching a TV show or reading a newspaper editorial but not respond or make your voice heard?

Does Apathy define YOU?

WELCOME TO MODERN SOCIETY!!!!!! It is YOUR country, BUT NOT FOR LONG!!