HERSHEY 1984? 1985?

dei

Having some time on my hands (between snow storms....:() I went through a couple of boxes and found this at the bottom of one. Double click to get a bigger view.

post-36036-143142384604_thumb.jpg

Dad & I went to Hershey in his VW Westfalia Camper for four days camping at a KOA Camping Ground somewhere close by. I could not find any notes or dates on the pictures but think the time line would be around 84-85 as Dad bought a 1986 Westfalia in 1987 and I have not been back in that unit. That's Dad in the orange hat...:confused:

post-36036-14314238463_thumb.jpg

Not at Hershey but the one we went in.

The family and I went through Hershey in 2000 on our way back from the BCA National in Richmond, Va and knowing that development alone would change the place, got totally lost trying to find what the pictures show (no GSP then). Thinking I need to make time to go once more....

Thought I'd share my find of 30 years ago.

Please excuse my feeble photography attempt with my then Kodak 110 Instamatic camera.

post-36036-143142384617_thumb.jpg

Edited by dei (see edit history)

Thanks MrEarl for your efforts & consideration.

With all the pictures I've taken over the years I'm sure I have some photos of the National but will have to do some digging through three boxes that are not scanned yet.

Guest Rob McDonald

DOUG, I was at Carlisle and Hershey in 1984. Several friends and I flew to Toronto, borrowed a van, and drove to Pennsylvania together. We stayed at a motel that was equally distant from the two big meets. I scored big, picking up an excellent moustache bar and several NOS pieces of sweepspear trim. Air Canada didn't bat an eye when I sent my oversized treasures home as checked baggage.

Yeah, that is about how it looked in the mid eighties. Lots of grass and mud. Many of the parts for sale now are from the stuff we were driving then. Dandy Dave!

The parts comment really struck home after Dad & I talked about that trip and realized, Ya, it's been 30 years ago.... :(