63 Seat cover install

Guest Kaber

Well we now are 75% finished, on our first seat cover job, by finishing the pass. bucket seat today!

2014-02-09152138_zpsba55de8a.jpg

2014-02-09152222_zps8eb0264f.jpg

2014-02-09153638_zpsddcbee25.jpg

We're going to make a car guy out of him yet. Last weekend he asked me where the metal polish was and went out into the cold garage to polish the chrome from the seat sides!

Thanks, Tim

Looks like you guys did a great job. Who'd you source the new covers from?

Steve

We got them thru OPGI (distinctive interiours, made in USA) front and back kit $512 + I added 1" foam batting from the fabric store. Didn't come with hog rings, bought 250 and real nice angled pliers from NPD for $25. Now I need the chrome push nuts to attach the seat back OPGI has them for $20, NPD has them for $3 ea?!?!?!?

Tim

Looks like you guys are having some father/son fun. IMHO, I think that's the best part of your project.

Could you post a close up picture of the vinyl that makes up the back of the seat? The picture you posted isn't clear enough to see the fine detail of the "lectro pleat" lines. Thanks,

Ed

Looks like you guys are having some father/son fun. IMHO, I think that's the best part of your project.

Could you post a close up picture of the vinyl that makes up the back of the seat? The picture you posted isn't clear enough to see the fine detail of the "lectro pleat" lines. Thanks,

Ed

I'll have to take one for you tonight. Yeah, its been cool watching him develop a liking for this kind of work and his car!

Ed

Here you go Ed! The first 2 are the new cover, the last one is the old cover......

2014-02-10160321_zpsebe1d357.jpg

2014-02-10160332_zpsafbe8202.jpg

Old

2014-02-10160442_zps4f18d2f3.jpg

Tim

Tim,

How are the seats coming along? Are they installed yet? Any new photos?

Thanks.

I haven't done anything since Sunday. The car is put away for the winter, its -4 here this morning. The plan is to have the seats finished by March 1st. I need to order the push nuts for the outer pivots still and put the new covers on the Driver side seat, it is stripped and ready but I won't get to it until the weekend. The car needs some floor pan repair before the seats go back in. I have an under seat patch panel ready but I am sure there will be additional fabrication on at least one of the seat mounting points on the driver's side. If I am able to get the car out of hibernation on or around March first the plan is to patch the floor pans, seal and bedliner the underside and insulate the top side, THEN reinstall the seats. April 1st I want to have it ready for my son to drive to school the last few months of his senior year, at least that is the plan.............

And I thought my 71 Camaro was cool...

Yeah, I had a 71 Formula Firebird in High School, still do. He had the Riv in the fall last year too. Drove it to the first day at school in August, the kids all really like it!