HELP needed identifying some late 1950's classics

Guest frankydemaria

Guest frankydemaria

Hi everyone

I am new to the forum. I am a graphic artist and I enjoy creating artwork based on 1950s-70s classics.

I found an old Mobil Map of Venezuela from the late 1950s, and I am using some of the classics on the cover as inspiration for some artwork, but my knowledge is quite limited... would any one be able to help me identify the cars on the cover? I have attached some screenshots. Help would be much appreciated !

Frankypost-99059-143142382903_thumb.png

post-99059-143142382882_thumb.png

post-99059-143142382891_thumb.png

Guest frankydemaria
I believe they are all just cartoon cars, and don't depict any real make.

Thanks for your response !! As some one who knows little about this era of cars, is anyone able to give me any more info, of style or make that they might resemble?

As already noted, the cars appear to be deliberately rendered so as not to be mistaken for any specific make or year -- generic on purpose, so the art does not promote or favor any particular manufacturer, or infringe upon its brand. (in the automotive art biz these are sometimes known as bank loan cars.)

Beyond that, in looking over the cars, I would guess that each one was designed to represent, in a highly stylized way, a decade in automotive development: 1900, 1910, 1920, etc.

Guest frankydemaria
As already noted, the cars appear to be deliberately rendered so as not to be mistaken for any specific make or year -- generic on purpose, so the art does not promote or favor any particular manufacturer, or infringe upon its brand. (in the automotive art biz these are sometimes known as bank loan cars.)

Beyond that, in looking over the cars, I would guess that each one was designed to represent, in a highly stylized way, a decade in automotive development: 1900, 1910, 1920, etc.

Thank you for your response, this helps alot !

The one in the lower right corner looks to be a Mercedes Excalibur with the supercharger pipes. Based on the 1937 or so model, I believe, vaguely similar to this. The cartoon car behind it is probably a Model T Ford about 1912 or so.

post-37352-143142383546_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143142383548_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Guest frankydemaria
The one in the lower right corner looks to be a Mercedes Excalibur with the supercharger pipes. Based on the 1937 or so model, I believe, vaguely similar to this. The cartoon car behind it is probably a Model T Ford about 1912 or so.

Thank you this helps ALOT!

Excaliburs aren't Mercedes'. The car is probably bases on a Mercedes SSK