1903 Duryea For Sale

Betcha the real Mary Kay wasn't all original and was restored. wink.gif" border="0<P>However, in the last few weeks she passed on (no, I don't think they buried her in one of those pink Cadillacs). Possibly this is her Duryea? confused.gif" border="0 <P>Or, it could be a hoax! rolleyes.gif" border="0

Probably a hoax, although the last picture I saw of her in the enquirer she had so much makeup troweled on to rival the embalming techniques of the ancient egyptians. shocked.gif" border="0

Guest EMF-Owner

Sorry Guys!<P>The Reason Mary Kay is not responding is because I have bought the car and it is now sitting in my garage. She did not want much for it, just wanted to get it out of the way so she could park here new car in it's spot.<P>I had to play with it for almost 2 hours to get it running (changing oil and all), but once warmed up, it ran great. We have had a blast driving it around the neighborhood.<P>Not a bad way to spend $500.00 huh? <P>I plan to keep it original and ais'N 921 9 <BR> f)*AS .....<P>Aw crap, Fell asleep at the keyboard again and had that crazy "find a great old car cheap" dream!!! frown.gif" border="0 <P>Wouldn't it be great if it were true!<P>I will keep dreaming!

Sort of reminds me of the rebodied '09 Chadwick I hauled out of an old lady's garage 2 years ago that only needed new tires and belts & hose, ran like a top first pull and scared the sh:t out of a hapless suv driver on the parkway.<P><BR>And if you believe that I've got a nice bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. grin.gif" border="0

Mercer: Washington actully was the driving force behind Mercer, and raced them also. When he went down with the ship, little was done with the car until Delling came on board to replace the archaic T-head design with an L-Head configuration and out went the great Finley Robertson Porter. And that gentleman, is the way it is (or was). tongue.gif" border="0

Mercer, of course. Unfortunately Washington Roebling decided to take a vacation on a famous cruise ship in 1912 and never saw the Mercer automobile his family provided the funding for.