Sign in to follow this  
BeeEffe

Newbie looking for help

Oh my bad! I got confused between the two cars. I see the yellow one is still on sale at the dealer, will contact them right away!

Again, a big thank you to Hemi Dude :)

Hello again, please let me set you straight.

If you looked at the allpar site, you read about my yellow and my red TC. The red car is the one that has had the transaxle swap and ABS brake conversion. The engine is still the original one with 273 thousand miles on it now. I have built engines for 50 years. I was even mechanic on Bo's General Lee, if you know what car that was.

The yellow one (item: 231151246611) is not changed except for the crankshaft and the 4 connecting rods. It has instead, the forged crankshaft used in the standard 2.2L TC engine. That is all. It is totally stock otherwise.

As I wrote earlier, the engine is number correct. This car can be considered 100% original in every way.

Check on buying connecting rod bearings for the TC Maserati 2.2L 16v engine, then you will understand why I made the crankshaft exchange to stock 2.2L USA engines. Bearings readily available.

I come from a car selling family, my dad was Ford, Lincoln Mercury for most of his professional life, we even had what we called the Ford Chevy line as dad’s cousin across the highway ran the Cadillac store and every family owned dealership north of that highway was GM, going south was all Ford. One day my accountant told me I needed to buy a new car and how much I had to spend before the end of the year, unable to justify wasting money on a brand new car, I started looking for something pricey and used. The day I told my dad I was going to buy the black Jaguar off one of his friend’s car lots he flipped and then he sent me to DownTown Jag. The general manager was supposed to talk me out of buying a used Jag, long story short, our dad’s were such good friends that the man grew up calling my dad uncle Bob and he wholesaled me a white one with a pedigree.

What he told me and what has proven to be true for all the years since, is that when buying any used vehicle, especially a pricy one; pedigree is important and knowing where a car came from and how well it’s been cared for means more than the difference in price. I can’t think of a better pedigree for this yellow turbo stick, than having been in Hemi’s hands.

Just to let you know that I haven’t given up the search ;)

Thanks again for all your input and support!</SPAN></SPAN>

I have an 89, 8v 3 speed automatic, odometer broken at 67,000 or so. Runs great, needs work, my wife says she will sell it for not less than $3000. We have some good photos that we could email you. Thanks, Nomad