interior vinyl

Guest Richard D

Guest Richard D

Hello All, can anything be done about the gray vinyl in my car? The center console sides at the top have become

Wavy and just no longer fit properly. The door panels are also not fitting like they did. I have been told that the door panels will have to be replaced, but with what? Could a local upholstery shop do the repairs? It would probably be very expensive. I want to keep the car as nice as it was when I got it but living in a condo the black car has to be parked in the Miami sun. Most importantly people don't wave at me or ask questions at stop lights and in parking lots like they used to : ( all ideas will be helpful.

Thanks all.

Richard

Guest Richard D

Thank you Padgett, you are correct. I called all the recycling yards including the one U pick yard and they all said no Reattas or parts. I will try a national search next.

Many Thanks

Richard.

I know I have a nice console in gray and am pretty sure I have a very nice passenger side door panel in gray.

I also have a pair of VERY nice gray 16W seats available. These are the seats that came from Curtis Tomlinson's car and over the years several folks showed interest in them. I now have them from Kingsley and will be selling them for Kingsley.

Unfortunately, as some of you knew, the day after Thanksgiving my garage burnt down and whereas I didn't lose any Reatta parts I did lose my ability to package up large parts. My new garage is up and almost finished so in a few weeks I should be able again to box up and ship larger parts.

Guest crazytrain2

Richard, I'll apologize in advance if I'm not picturing your issue accurately but have you considered hitting the loose fitting areas lightly with a heat gun? The heat will cause the vinyl to shrink. Be extra careful with heat gun though if you do try. Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Richard D

Thanks to all who responded to my post. I am thinking of trying the heat gun on one side of the console and dry ice on the other. What have I got to lose? I will then talk to Jim Finn and Marck at East Coast Reattas. Both of these gentleman really do a great job of keeping our addictions on the road.

Many Thanks to all,

Richard

Guest Richard D

Thanks for your help, I have installed a 91 armrest and cip holder and they are fine. It's the top edge of the console sides. Worst area is either side of shift lever.

Richard

90 & 91 center armrests are interchangeable but will not fit an 88/89 (or vice-versa) as the former has an angled bottom and the latter have a flat bottom. The 91 arm rest with cup holder is ok, but not great. It is a single cup holder and was really an afterthought making it a bit "cheap" in form and function .

KDirk