Request for judging sheet

Walker

They keep the judging sheet for 2 years.

They will not tell you the points deducted

They take a blank judging sheet and mark areas where deductions where made

You would need to contact VP of class judging Herb Oakes, send a SSAE to him along with the meet and vehicle information

His address can be found in the front of the most recent AACA magazine

You should send the request to Hulon McCraw, who has been the VP of Class Judging for the past two years. I'm sure Herb will forward it to Hulon, but you will get a quicker response by sending it direct. Also, the 2014 AACA officers take their positions at the Annual Meeting in Philly next week. You may want to wait until the following week and call the National Office to see if their is a change in that VP position.

You should send the request to Hulon McCraw, who has been the VP of Class Judging for the past two years. I'm sure Herb will forward it to Hulon, but you will get a quicker response by sending it direct. Also, the 2014 AACA officers take their positions at the Annual Meeting in Philly next week. You may want to wait until the following week and call the National Office to see if their is a change in that VP position.

Thanks 61polara,good idea I'll do that

Ronnie

Additionally, the request is honestly supposed to be limited to those that did not receive the award they were seeking. Can you imagine the time it would take for the VP of Class Judging to respond if everyone, and yes I know that is unlikely, asked for a highlighted copy of their judging sheet? He already gets quite a few from each Meet.

Thanks Shop Rat,

I didn't realize that. Even though my car has received it's Senior Grand National I thought that shurely it must have some points deductions. Have some time this winter and thought I could correct some of them. I can see your point,that would be better to help those that are working towards a certain award.

Thanks

Walker

Wow; what a surprise. Now who will take the "Hot Seat"??? Larry

Larry...re-read Paul455's response: "Herb Oakes". (During or shortly after the Annual Meeting this week we will see in time what Director is in charge of what department for 2014.)

Regards,

Peter J.

Thanks Shop Rat,

I didn't realize that. Even though my car has received it's Senior Grand National I thought that shurely it must have some points deductions. Have some time this winter and thought I could correct some of them. I can see your point,that would be better to help those that are working towards a certain award.

Thanks

Walker

Thanks for understanding Walker. I am sure that whomever is taking over the reins will appreciate your consideration. You can pretty much judge your own vehicles. :) Print off a copy of the judging sheet that is in the 2014 Official Judging Guidelines and take it and look over each of the components listed under each category of Exterior, Interior, Engine and Chassis.

The only time that all of the points listed for each component listed can be taken off is when it is missing, not able to be used for it's intended purpose or is incorrect for the year, make and model of the vehicle being judged. Everything else is in the Excellent/Perfect, Good, Fair, Poor, Missing/Can't Be Used/Incorrect mode. If only three points can be taken off then it is down to Excellent/Perfect, Less than perfect but is not missing/can still be used and is correct for the year, make and model you are looking at.

Pay attention to the markings like *, **, circled numbers and look at the legend at the bottom to find out what those marks mean to a judge.

Be honest with yourself about the condition and authenticity of the vehicle. It is okay for you to read the judging guidelines and come back and ask questions about anything that isn't clear to you. Someone will help you.

It really is that easy. :)

Hope they can find someone that promotes "original factory cars" not "cars that are made up the way we want them". I like this club very much

and hope they can get back on the correct track. Time will tell. Larry

Larry, I went and read the reworded part. It kind of got taken out of context and looked like what you are talking about. Reading it in context that is not what they are doing. Compared with the old wording it includes the statement that the items added must be authorized by the factory. It just rewords it to say that the vehicles need to be as they could have been delivered by the dealer with factory authorized options for the year make and model the items were put on. Not as it came to the dealer from the factory.

This is a case where only putting part of the information was misleading.

Larry, I went and read the reworded part. It kind of got taken out of context and looked like what you are talking about. Reading it in context that is not what they are doing. Compared with the old wording it includes the statement that the items added must be authorized by the factory. It just rewords it to say that the vehicles need to be as they could have been delivered by the dealer with factory authorized options for the year make and model the items were put on. Not as it came to the dealer from the factory.

This is a case where only putting part of the information was misleading.

Susin: Thanks for the nice response/explaination. Still think when they(powers of the club) changed the general thinking of judging;W/O any mandate from the

members openned up a lot of gray area's that will come back to bite them you know where. This is witnessed by a current thread of Vogue Tires. There

will be a lot more(gray area's) coming down the line. Documentation can be "made up" easy when it's not from the factory and "dealer installed". When I started with this

club it was a "Factory Original Car Club" period. Now its "will make them the way we want too; along with documention". I guess I'm too much of a car puirest and

too accustomed to clubs like NCRS and Bloomington Gold. Yes they have some gray area's too; but nothing compared to ACCA. I also sense you think along the lines of me but just don't want to ruffle any feathers. Larry P.S. Let's hope the new V/P of Judging has his own thoughts and is independent and free to install some of his ideas. IMHO

Edited by llskis (see edit history)

Jeff you are correct. There are a couple of gray areas that need to be handled on a case by case basis but they are the exception rather than the rule.

Herb Oakes is going to be the VP of Class Judging in 2014. He has all the past records from Hulon.

Larry, I respect you for your passion but you do not have a very good understanding of how many people are involved in AACA's decision making with judging. You have a VERY experienced group of judges who sit on the Class Judging Committee. Approximately 20 plus people who attend most meets and tours and who have hundred's of judging credits in our system over many, many years. You also have a national board that votes on the most important changes within our system based upon what we here from our members. These people work very hard at making the right decision and as I have posted before the debate sometimes is quite animated.

AACA is not a monolithic organization. We have 60,000 members and by the nature of that size we have people we many different views. You have yours, others have theirs but the goal we have is to do what the majority of members want while being true to our belief system.

• 4 years later...

AACA Eastern Meet - I had a great time/experience at the Gettysburg National - I have read that I need to write the VP of Judging to request the comments made about my vehicle - my problem is that I am unable to find an address or name - Please help and Thanks Again, looking forward to attend more meets - Class 17B AACA vehicle #34265, member 907479