1956 Buick 4 door hard top $9995

NC-car-guy

I knew you guys would have fun with this one. I wonder where people get the ideas of what things are worth?

Arizona auctions this time of year.

why, I bet if he pumped that tire up it would even "Roll Down the Road Straight"

Seriously though. the scariest thing on this car to me is the missing vent window. Gotta give him credit for keeping that excellent condition steering wheel covered with a towel though.

Just for fun though let's talk about this car a little. While I would never pay the 10K asking price, if I was seriously looking for a '56 Century 4 door hard top (which IMO is a very desirable car) TO RESTORE, I would have to call and ask if the price is negotiable and if so go take a look at it. It does appear to be an unmolested, all parts there (except for the tranny) car. What I would like to see once I got there is that it is indeed STRAIGHT, solid with no rust through. That alone could be a good 3-4 grand you could keep in your pocket when the restoration started. And then, IF those are factory ordered seat covers and the originals are under them that's another couple grand left in your pocket. And if the glass is clear and good your pocket is getting even fatter, lets just say another grand. All the bumpers and chrome appears to be straight making for good cores for plating, another grand lets say. And check out those good j-bars, good cores for them generally run 3-400 at least. So, the ol gal ain't looking near as bad price wise as first impression from the pictures led us to believe is she. With all that said. if I was selling it, I would probably ask about 5K and not take a penny less than 4. Remember, they're not making this model anymore. :D

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

why, I bet if he pumped that tire up it would even "Roll Down the Road Straight"

Seriously though. the scariest thing on this car to me is the missing vent window. Gotta give him credit for keeping that excellent condition steering wheel covered with a towel though.

Just for fun though let's talk about this car a little. While I would never pay the 10K asking price, if I was seriously looking for a '56 Century 4 door hard top (which IMO is a very desirable car) TO RESTORE, I would have to call and ask if the price is negotiable and if so go take a look at it. It does appear to be an unmolested, all parts there (except for the tranny) car. What I would like to see once I got there is that it is indeed STRAIGHT, solid with no rust through. That alone could be a good 3-4 grand you could keep in your pocket when the restoration started. And then, IF those are factory ordered seat covers and the originals are under them that's another couple grand left in your pocket. And if the glass is clear and good your pocket is getting even fatter, lets just say another grand. All the bumpers and chrome appears to be straight making for good cores for plating, another grand lets say. And check out those good j-bars, good cores for them generally run 3-400 at least. So, the ol gal ain't looking near as bad price wise as first impression from the pictures led us to believe is she. With all that said. if I was selling it, I would probably ask about 5K and not take a penny less than 4. Remember, they're not making any of this model anymore. :D

Interesting reasoning..... No matter what though it seems with these cars it's a labor of love. No restoration is profitable.