Rare Skyhawk

Guest my3buicks

Guest my3buicks

That has been added since the ad was originally posted - someone must have dropped him that info. I honestly would not be at all surprised if that were true. I have never seen a hatchback version, have seen several notchback coupes over the years though.

Keep going back and looking at this and actually kind of like the car especially since its a 4 speed but I also like the Pintos of the 70s so take that comment for what its worth. LOL. This is a classic example when "rare" is not in any way proportional to value. I bet if the owner cleaned it up and put it on ebay it would sell fairly easy when exposed to a wider audience. If I wasn't deep in the middle of car and construction projects I'd take cash and offer $1300, go up to $1500, clean it up, do some creative marketing and flip it.

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

Jason, I agree with your take 100%. I love oddball Buicks. No offense to the commonly collected ones but I like to zig when others zag. Having said that, I am somewhat downsizing, wife and I moving back into the city more then likely, going from a 3 car heated garage with graveled room on the north side for 2 more cars, I have to think before buying as I will end up with 3 cars tops and already have 2 I like.

This one has a lot to like. Great gas mileage for touring, probably a good handling car as well. Nice Buick upgrades like the T Type steering wheel, nicer seats and I love the detail of the rear spoiler. Seats 4 in a pinch, has a hatch to throw tour gear in, fits in most any garage, etc etc.

On the other hand, one thinks if you go all in on a unique car like this, then what comes available but something you have been jonezin for. Always happens to me. My luck is, I would buy it, then a 1990 Driftwood Reatta would fall into my lap. Or something else. So there it sits. But a Buick collector should buy it, rather then having the can kicked down the road with a less enthusiastic purchaser, when in that case we may never see it again.

Buick made quite a few collectible cars in the late 70's and 80's but many are not regarded as such and are getting crushed or trashed at a high rate. This is one example of one of their collector cars.