1960 Buick Electra sedan with Factory A/C

JanZverina

After almost five years of driving fun, it’s time to part with my 1960 Electra. This is a complete, solid, rust-free Texas car, a true survivor for a model 4719. Original color of Cordovan Poly, with Arctic White two-tone accents (older repaint but still presentable). Original Cordovan ‘Cordoveen’ fabric interior with original dash/door panels/headliner in good to excellent condition. Third 3rd owner, clear title, 117K miles. Just about everything works (including the Sonomatic tube radio) except for the A/C. I never tried to get it to work but all the components are there. Minor power steering/oil leaks but not bad for a 54 year-old! Drives smooth and straight. Recent work includes:<o:p></o:p>

· Complete new front end (steering and suspension, bushings, shocks, ball joints, etc.)<o:p></o:p>

· Delco rear shocks (with air leveling system)<o:p></o:p>

· New freeze-out plugs, hoses, belts, motor mounts, etc.<o:p></o:p>

· Pertronix ignition and new high-capacity battery<o:p></o:p>

· New torque tube ball kit<o:p></o:p>

· All new body weatherstrip kit (Steele Rubber) and hood insulation pads<o:p></o:p>

· Front seat belts added<o:p></o:p>

· Master cylinder, water pump, generator *<o:p></o:p>

· Re-cored radiator, new clutch and fan assembly<o:p></o:p>

*Rebuilt by BCA experts, not low-quality remanufactured exchanges.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Asking $5800.00 including spares such as an expert-rebuilt water pump, OEM seat fabric, and even a set of rear fender skirts!<o:p></o:p>

Note to Snow Belt residents: I’m willing to store car in a large, secure single-car garage (at new owner’s expense) for a limited time for a buyer residing in cold-weather states. I’d like to see this car go to a good home and a Buick enthusiast.

Please PM me as an initial contact with any questions.

post-56475-143142357361_thumb.jpg

post-56475-143142357263_thumb.jpg

post-56475-143142357281_thumb.jpg

post-56475-143142357288_thumb.jpg

post-56475-143142357313_thumb.jpg

post-56475-143142357337_thumb.jpg

Deal of the month! Someone buy this before I do.

7 hours later, your green light is still on so bet you're still looking at it. BUY IT Adam, ask the seller to have the AC fixed and hold it until July, fly in and drive it up the coast to Portland.

I mean look at that interior!!!!

231339d1390353889-1960-buick-electra-sedan-factory-c-0001d.jpg

The interior picture shows the Mirror speedometer and gauges. What the driver looks at is actually a mirror reflecting the speedometer and lights from a panel in front of the mirror. The idea behind this is so the driver can tilt the mirror to his/her height. That's why there is a 'roof' over it, to shade it from the sun. This feature was available in only 1960 and 1961 big Buicks. A really cool thing to show off. You don't see it anywhere else. Also, notice the clock to the immediate right of the speedometer. It is a separate item, not integrated into the dash like most clocks. Another cool thing about 1960 and 1961 big Buicks. It is refreshing to see something like this offered at a very fair price.

Guest my3buicks

Bernie, I will give you $5800 for your 60 Electra, that way I will be able to enjoy it and you have the fun equity of the last 11 years as your profit. : )

That's the way I always thought these hobby groups should work, just pass along a good deal to a peer with a common interest and keep the fun equity as profit.

Bernie

Thanks, Bernie. The profit I made was 5 years of not only driving and enjoying such a car and its outstanding design, but interacting with a lot of knowledgeable folks and learning/performing many restoration procedures along the way. I was glad to sell it to a BCA member. I recently purchased a rust-free, complete, and fairly unmolested '63 Riv, so I may be spending more time on the club's ROA thread, like you probably do with your '64.