Sign in to follow this  
Stevemo

Looking at a 1934 Dodge Special Deluxe

Hi Steve - Just came from a swap meet in Rockton Ontario - near Hamilton.There was a nice '34 Dodge 4dr sedan with twin side mounts and a trunk rack for sale. Blue over black. All the hard to find bits were there except the chrome wear strips on the trunk rack. Paint is decent for a driver. Interior had been redone some time in the past - not original but serviceable Most of the chrome is pretty good - rear quarter window frames could stand replating but really not that bad. Starbursts on the wheels are kind of sloppy and the hub caps look original but in decent shape. Garnish moldings are in original unrefinished condition showing the appropriate wear. Owner was not available so I didn't get a look at the motor. Car is a Canadian build by the serial #. No price on the tag but I have a phone number if you want to PM me. Really a very pretty car - ram mascot is nice and the body looks to be straight and solid.

Hope this helps you find what you're looking for.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the details on the car. It sounds alright but I think I've lost my mind. I've conditionally purchased a Hupmobile and will finalize the purchase when I find an acceptable shipper. http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/hupmobile//1647152.html?printable=1

I think I will need to take a shovel to the factory to dig up parts...none appear to be available.

Steve

Nice looking car. I think you'll find parts will show up with a little digging. I'd hit the Hupmobile site here, I'm sure they will provide help and assistance.

Hi Steve - Congratulations on a really neat purchase. Hope you're able to arrange transportation. Finding parts will indeed be a challenge but in spite of the rough appearance it looks like most of it is there. Yeah the inside is ratty but it would have to be done anyway and there should be enough left of the original material for patterns. Once it's done you won't meet yourself coming down the street, you'll get to answer lots of questions and meet a lot of interesting people:) Have fun!

Nice find. Send lots of pictures with your progress.

I can help you find a transporter. That's what I did for 20 years. Semi retired now:confused:

Call 209-613-1199