Sign in to follow this  
goodguy4life

Just bought a 41 Buick Roadmaster 4 dr........she's a beaut !

You are right, she is beautiful. What a great find. What does the interior look like? Waiting for more pics.

less than 18k miles............starting to yank gas tank,fix any gauges,pull wheels and check brakes and wheel bearings...........stay tuned

What part of the country did it come from?

18k miles, nice find, does it have compound carbs, I'm guessing so.

Engine pictures would be interesting.

Have fun, FUN IS GOOD!

Dale in Indy

South Carolina 1 owner..........

Looks like dealer undercoating under hood and throughout........texture is solid

2 carb-runs like a sewing machine....question.....was block painted all red from factory?

Early 1941 engines were gray. The majority of engines 90%+ were dante red. It appears most of what I can see in your picure is dante red. If your engine is black, that could represent a replacement engine. Only the engine number will tell what it is. If you locate the engine number, and vin number on the firewall, I can let you know where it was made and if the engine is in correct sequence for a Roadmaster.

"1941, The Best Year Yet" was a slogan. There are many of us 41 nuts on this blog, and all are eager to help you undertand your car. Good luck!

Looking at the engine pic, it looks like the rear carb either has a stuck float or one that is sinking to cause fuel to overflow the bowl. I am sure you will have a lot of fun sorting through the issues and getting her to run great again.

sure did- had to fix that right off to get it running-do they still make rebuild kits for theses carbs? haven't scoured the net looking yet

Thx for the welcome! yes ........just joined it and BCA this week- would love to talked to Doug-could you PM his phone number? Appreciate it ! The more I get into this car I keep telling myself..............restore or fix the minor issues and leave it ........like the wife shopping

Congratulations with that great good looking Buick.. what are you planing to do with it?

Regards Paul

keep it for sure-I struggle with the historical evidence she has now(original dealer invoice in glovebox) versus a completed frame off restoration and go through her inch by inch.Question Gents-Are BCA judging events more geared toward originality or preservation?

On a another note-met and became a member of the Mid-Am Buick club today! Good group of folks