Big Cojones

RivNut

Someone has a pair! Advertising a standard interior '64 as a Gran Sport.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buick-Riviera-GS-1964-buick-riviera-base-hardtop-2-door-7-0-l-/191036625761?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2c7aab9361&item=191036625761&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Not a bad looking car but why does he have to go to hyperbole to try and sell it.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

I saw the Plymouth color and instantly remembered my experience with Plymouths. I wonder if the paint makes it sound like this: http://www.audiosparx.com/sa/archive/Cars-Generic/Car-starting/Car-Not-Starting/274722

Bernie

Sounds more like a Ford to me. Plymouths have that gear drive starter. Much higher pitch whine from a Mopar when leaning on the starter.

This string may be getting a little off topic, but (and we know what starts with but). The Latino thought does bring to mind the custom plate for my Impala SS in honor of we dark haired Irish.

post-46237-14314235051_thumb.png Just so you know who just passed you.

Back to Buicks next time.

Bernie

Big Cajones !! Ed, I had no idea you are Latino!:P

Oue Pasa, amigo! Don't all of the kool Cholos drive a low rider Riviera painted some shade of metallic orange (umber - or what ever color you call that.)

PS - Do you have a number for the person who took pictures of your car in the "west bottoms."

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

It's already up to $24,000 and there is a day left. Seems a tad high for what you are getting with this Riv but what do I know...

If you've ever paid a professional to do body & paint that really came out 'laser straight' it wouldn't seem high at all.

Steve

Depending on how much metal work you need done, but I'd venture at least 10-12k for a "quality" job.

BTW, I can recommend a couple of AWESOME Paint and body folks out there in Cali. I wish these guys were closer to me. They are so good, I'm still contemplating sending my car to one of them.

but I'd venture at least 10-12k for a "quality" job.

BTW, I can recommend a couple of AWESOME Paint and body folks out there in Cali. I wish these guys were closer to me. They are so good, I'm still contemplating sending my car to one of them.

OUCH! That guesstimate hurt! lol I would expect that kind of bodywork on a build like yours. If u didn't get a chance to see I started a thread on my "401 engine year". It turns out not only do I lack matching numbers but I also don't have the same year engine AND its not even from a Riv. With this new turn of events I may take Chris Nolan's (Alini) bodywork path. No biggy…I'll still make it work one way or another…can't hurt me lol

I'll take your "AWESOME Paint & Body folks" recommendations for sure. Thank u

David

When the guesstimates are a surprise it might be better to reverse the calculation and start with what you wanted to spend. In another post a figure of $5,000 was put out. A shop has to get a minimum of $100 per hour to stay in business, deduct $1,000 for paint and materials, so that's about 40 hours of work. Drop it off Monday; pick it up the following Monday, laser straight. That ain't gonna work.

If a shop could do it for $5,000 and was 20% profitable they would gross $1000 on the job and be taxed between $350 and $500 on the profit. Even after paying the taxes they would be subject to any state or local extortion schemes. If extended unemployment benefits are allowed employers, the shop, will be sent a demand for their share of the difference. You pay for that as part of your Riviera project. It is a wealthy man who owns an extra car for hobby purposes. That wealth needs to be shared in today's political climate.

Be sure that concept gets shared with any young mechanic apprentice. It is part of the learning.

Bernie