Parts Interchange

Hello,

I have a coustomer looking for suspension parts for a full size 55 Rambler Wagon. I have available a 53-54 Nash full size parts car. I checked my Hollander book and they do not list an interchange between the two cars and I would like to know if the parts are compatible? I know the body styles look the same and Rambler & Nash were merging in those years and some was just rebadged but did they share the same suspension parts? I don't want to sell him someting that will not fit. Any help or info is appreciated, thanks!

Carl E.

• 2 weeks later...

I would trust the Hollander information. I don't think many parts interchange between the smaller Rambler suspension and the senior cars (Nashes). The merger you referred to was between Hudson and Nash. The last Hudson built in Detroit happened I think in late 1954. The merger was in May 1954. After 1954 Hudsons were built, using a Nash chassis in Kenosha, WI on the same line that produced Nashes.

OK so what is the deal with Nash Ramblers then? The Rambler we need parts for is a full size car not like a small American but the Hollander book does list some of the American parts to interchange. The Nash we have has the same body lines some what and body style. I've seen Ramblers that looked like Nashes only differance was a N or R in the emblems and wheel cover centers. This is one of those year cars that is confusing me. I guess it's possible the suspension could be a bit different as the Rambler has 4 lug rims I'm told and I think our Nash has 5 lug wheels but would these parts interchange for an upgrade? Thanks for your input Pacerman!

Carl E.