Macungie

Guest De Soto Frank

Guest De Soto Frank

Attended my first Macungie meet- many thanks to those who made it a DF topic last week!<P>It was HOT, to be sure, but what a treat! grin.gif" border="0 <P>It's been a long time (perhaps never?) since I've been to show where I had to use the fingers on both hands to count the number of Franklins! As well as 810/812 Cords, etc!<P>One of my favorite cars was the "choice un-restored" '29 or '30 Packard touring car from Easton(?)-what a magnificent hunk of automobile, even in its "barn-fresh" condition- it certainly attracted lots of attention!<P>Didn't get to see everything- it was too hot, and my poor wife finally threw in the towel around three o'clock.<P>Great show; it's a real treat to see the Brass and Nickle-era cars outside and running, not just on jackstands in a museum!<P>Looking forward to next years (and hopefully Hershey, this fall!)!

Guest greg72monte

Frank,<BR>I was there also, for the second year. <BR>It will continue to be a "MUST" event<BR>on my calendar. I agree, it was very hot.<BR>I only made it to 1:30 before I left.<BR>Next year we bring the swimming attire,<BR>so my wife & children can go swimming.<BR>I did not see everything either, and<BR>would have stayed longer if I was by<BR>myself. However, the family's well being<BR>comes first.<BR>Greg

Guest BruceW

Frank.<P>Glad you had the opporunity to experience "Das Awkscht Fescht" (aka Macungie). It is an event with something for everyone. For the pre January $10.0 registration cost, you can get premium parking and the whole family in at a cost much less than the spectator fee. <P>We stayed until 3:30pm when they gave out the participation gifts. Despite the fact the line usually extends well past the flag pole, once they start giving out the participation gifts, the line rolls through pretty quick.<P>Next year be sure to stop by the Maroon and Black 1931 Ford Deluxe Tudor and say hello.