1929 Studebaker President front mat and floor plate

krazykat

Some years ago, I heard that there was a guy that got a copy of the original drawing from the archives

for the front floor mat for a '29 President. There was some mention that he might be in the process of making some for sale...so much for urban legends.

My car is missing the correct mat as well as the "hand control and brake lever floor plate". The floor

plate part number is 247798.

I don't know what either of these parts look like and I'm wondering if anyone has either item in any kind of condition that they would like to sell so that I might be able to copy them. I have the plate and collar that go around the steering column, so I'm good there...

I have not heard of anyone who has reproduced the floor mat, however, there is one source for some of the other rubber parts, Shrock Brothers. The have part number 247798 - Shift lever/hand brake, for $85 plus shipping. The diamond pattern in this part is the same pattern that would have been in the full floor mat.

Here is the web site for Shrock Brothers: http://www.shrockbrothers.com/index.html

Thank you Mark...I don't know how I missed the part on the Schrock site, but sure enough, it's there.

Not sure what to do about the mat...sure would like to try to get the factory dimensions but it might turn out to be more trouble than it's worth. I'll dig a little deeper into it. Who knows, I might get lucky.

I got the print years ago to have it reproduced. The fellow that makes the 31 mat was going to make them for me. Never happened. I'll be starting back on the 29 soon and will try to have it made again. Of course you can order the print from the museum and have made also.

Thank you Rex, I think I'll get a drawing from the archive to kick around the idea. Please let the word out if you get around to producing some mats as I may likely choose not to. So many owners carpet

the front and I might also but I would like a reproduction mat in place first.