Question about Model A era Windshield Wiper Identification

Glenn Hamilton

I've had this wiper for more than 30 years. It was a spare for my '29 Phaeton, which is now sold. As I do more research, it doesn't match any of the descriptions or drawings in the Restoration/Judging standards. So the question is, can anyone help me in identifying it, year and application? Thanks, Glenn Hamilton, Dayton, OH

post-81784-143142337467_thumb.jpg

post-81784-143142337444_thumb.jpg

post-81784-143142337456_thumb.jpg

That Heinze wiper certainly looks very similar to the correct Owen Dyneto wiper that was on my 1929 Phaeton, which I also no longer own. I am not looking at any documents and just going from memory. From memory I think that there were some Heinze wipers that were correct for 1929 but I have no knowledge about them. Perhaps it is an Owen Dyneto wiper that someone put the wrong cover on? The guy who restored my wiper on my Phaeton would be the guy who I think might be able to answer your question.

Here is his website:

http://www.modelawipers.com/index.html

He should be able to tell you if it is correct for a Model A or not. Good luck.

That Heinze wiper certainly looks very similar to the correct Owen Dyneto wiper that was on my 1929 Phaeton, which I also no longer own. I am not looking at any documents and just going from memory. From memory I think that there were some Heinze wipers that were correct for 1929 but I have no knowledge about them. Perhaps it is an Owen Dyneto wiper that someone put the wrong cover on? The guy who restored my wiper on my Phaeton would be the guy who I think might be able to answer your question.

Here is his website:

http://www.modelawipers.com/index.html

He should be able to tell you if it is correct for a Model A or not. Good luck.

Thank you for the response. I'll follow up, Glenn