1958 Buick Century

Guest KenStevens

Guest KenStevens

I am trying to find out what fuel system options were available for this year, ie Tripower or dual quad etc?

Also what other options were available?

Ken, the Standard Catalolg of American Cars states that all 1958 Buicks had a 364 cubic inch V-8. The Special Series had a compression ratio of 9.5:1 and was rated at 250 hp. All others had a ratio of 10.0:1 and were rated at 300 hp. Carburetors were wither a Carter 2800 or Rochester 7011600 on early models or 7013100 on later models. Dual exhausts were optional. No other engine options are listed.

Ken, both my Limited's and Roadmaster have single four barrel Rochester carbs and my Special has a single two barrel Carter. I have seen a few nailhead engines with tri-power setups but in those cases it was by the efforts of the owners additions and not as optioned from the factory.

I know there were some '55 Old tri-power setups but 1958 Buick's didn't offer them to my knowledge.

Guest kaycee

Hi,

You may want to post on the Buick Performance/ Modified forum. I'm sure someone will respond, but this won't be a factory option, only a modification and not original Buick.

kaycee