4 Wheel Alignment

ol' yeller

I posted about this in another forum (ROJ) and was given some advice on my upcoming 4 wheel alignment. That website is down right now so I figured I'd ask here. I was told there that in order to have a successful 4 wheel alignment, I needed to fill the gas tank and put 300# in my trunk. I was referred to the FSM. I read my FSM and it only mentions the 300# to stabilize the ELC (Electronic Level Control) which Reattas don't have. My FSM specifically states that the alignment be done with a full tank of gas, no passengers and no added weight in the car.

I spoke with the highly recommended alignment shop and he asked, if he sets the alignment with 300# in the trunk, what do I think would happen to the alignment when the weight was removed? I am inclined to go with his reasoning along with what I read in the FSM. It appears that the 300# additional weight is for the Rivieras with ELC. I am referring to section 3A of the 1990 FSM. I'd appreciate any further enlightenment as the car is going into the shop at 8:30 on Thursday morning.

Edited by ol' yeller (see edit history)