Guest bobgould

Many parts are unique 1 year only parts. Very hard to find

NW Tramsmission can rebuild the syncro's http://nwtparts.com/

http://forums.aaca.org/f115/1937-transmission-311827.html

You can join the '39 team, as link in my signature

Edited by 1939_buick
added link (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Dave Tacheny PM me 4 tele#. My crystal ball tells me he may have a fairly complete parts car soon. Keep calling you have a lot of phone competition.I think he may have email now also.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Guest Grant Magrath

We rebuilt our 39 trans in the last 18 months or so. There should be a few threads on here with tips for rebuilding your trans. Although ours is a series 40, the basics are the same. Here's a tip...... rather than completely remove your rear axle, support the rear of the car on axle stands,unbolt the shock links and torsion rod, and with the torque ball supports removed, and trans unbolted from the torque tube, use ratchet tie downs around your rear axle, and over your rear bumper, one each side near the bumper irons to pull the axle back on the wheels to give you room to slide the trans out of the clutch, etc. And try not to depress the clutch with the trans out!!!! Also, make sure if you're replacing your throwout bearing, that you use the right one for your series. We got sent the wrong one. Sparks aplenty!!

Cheers

Grant

Hi,

Here's a tip...... rather than completely remove your rear axle, support the rear of the car on axle stands,unbolt the shock links and torsion rod, and with the torque ball supports removed, and trans unbolted from the torque tube, use ratchet tie downs around your rear axle, and over your rear bumper, one each side near the bumper irons to pull the axle back on the wheels to give you room to slide the trans out of the clutch, etc.

I LIKE this tip!!!

--Tom

• 8 months later...
Guest bobgould
Let me know what you want I do have some nos parts for 1939 Buick and some newer

John Hanson

I do not know how to get hold of john Hanson or a mr tachney can any one help me out?

I do not know how to get hold of john Hanson or a mr tachney can any one help me out?

Try to phone as this thread Dave Tachney (blue link). Be patient. He does not a public email. More likely to have complete transmission rather than parts.

John is a regular on the forum. Click his name and send him an email and/or private message

You can join the '39 Buick Team :)