Fewer Franklins?

Povertycove

Is it my imagination, or are there fewer Franklins for sale now then there used to be? I watch the market fairly closely because I'm interested in buying another. So I search Ebay, this Forum, and do general searches. It seemed there were always five or six available on the club website, and one or two on Ebay.

Is it my imagination, or are there fewer Franklins for sale now then there used to be? I watch the market fairly closely because I'm interested in buying another. So I search Ebay, this Forum, and do general searches. It seemed there were always five or six available on the club website, and one or two on Ebay.

I would agree, the market seems quiet.

One reason fewer Franklins come available as they are bargain priced Full CCCA classics and after driving one collectors are keeping them. I had a good original 1930 Packard standard 8 sedan and drove it a few hundred miles .The sidedraft Franklin is far superior in comfort, ease of steering, braking, and road speed. A good running 1930-33 Franklin 6 run the wheels off the latter on the open road. Of coarse this is my opinion.

One reason fewer Franklins come available as they are bargain priced Full CCCA classics and after driving one collectors are keeping them. I had a good original 1930 Packard standard 8 sedan and drove it a few hundred miles .The sidedraft Franklin is far superior in comfort, ease of steering, braking, and road speed. A good running 1930-33 Franklin 6 run the wheels off the latter on the open road. Of coarse this is my opinion.

After experiencing the Trek this summer, I can see why the loyal hang on to theirs. Packards seem to trade owners all the time, and there is a silliness in the CCCA about the marque. Maybe it's a good thing, then, that you almost cannot find a Franklin for sale.

I agree. Haven't seen many touring cars come up for sale.

Last year I was looking for a 1929 135 sedan - wanted an older restoration but a good runner. Had a devil of a time, when in past years such cars were readily available.

There are several sedans currently for sale on the HHFC website, but they need finishing.

• 3 weeks later...
There are several sedans currently for sale on the HHFC website, but they need finishing.
Do these 135 sedans seem good value? I would really like to get a 135 or 145 sedan, however Franklins are basically non-existent in Australia and would require importing one.

I think the 135s for sale on the HHFC website are fairly priced, depending upon engine and body condition. There is room to finish the car at a reasonable price. However, I would personally inspect the car before purchasing, or at least have a Franklin-knowledgeable person do so for me.

I'm a little surprised these cars have not already been sold.