pricing

Guest vacabill

Guest vacabill

don't mean for this to be grim, but I started to rebuild a 32 olds patrician in July I got the news I have terminal lung disease, as of this date looks like I have a year,got almost all the parts plus new rebuilt tranny, rebuilt carb, need to replace the water plate a guy is supposed to be building one for me now. car is freshly painted, still needs upholstery. roof covering and electrical. since it is all in parts I have no idea how much to put it up for sale any ideas would be appreciated or should I part it out

post-90926-143142319482_thumb.jpg

post-90926-143142319478_thumb.jpg

post-90926-143142319486_thumb.jpg

post-90926-143142319741_thumb.jpg

post-90926-143142319746_thumb.jpg

post-90926-143142319748_thumb.jpg

post-90926-143142319751_thumb.jpg

post-90926-143142319754_thumb.jpg

post-90926-143142319757_thumb.jpg

post-90926-143142319759_thumb.jpg

Wishing you the best. You have done far too much work to part this out. There are not a lot of these sedans around and '32 is such a great year. There does not seem to be huge interest in these cars but someone would love to finish the project. I would put this on eBay and see what happens. As far as the price, I would put a bottom figure you would accept as a reserve and see what happens. Obviously you know what you got in it. Sadly, you may not get your labor costs back. My best to you. I will try to alert others to this thread.

Hopefully Oldsfan will see it and get word to NAOC folks. The trouble I see here is that someone will see the car as needs finishing and think great opportunity to rod it, since a lot of the hard work is done.

Glad to know I'm not the only one with car parts in the living room! Best wishes for recovery if possible, and if not, try to reflect on the positives you've had in life.

Guest vacabill

I put it on ebay, at a high price just to see what kind of response I get, going to try and get someone to help bolt things back together, all I need is someone to turn a wrench, under my direction. living room also known as the parts department

Sorry to hear about your condition, my prayers are with you. I wasn't looking for an Olds but the post caught my eye. Yes, it would be a shame for somone to turn this into a Hot Road. It's a little much for me right now considering it needs an interior. Where is this Oldsmobile located? Was the engine rebuilt too and does the engine run? I am just north of Harrisburg. Thanks for your time.

Guest vacabill

I have a person that is going to help put it together, he's not a mechanic, but with me sitting there, I hope I can tell him what to do. I had a guy make me a new water plate, the mold he has was for a 31, but its basically the same except for the water input (elbow) and the inside diverter, which he copied from my old one. after he got it back from the foundry, he milled it out, should get it, in a couple days, hope everything matches up, so I can get it running

post-90926-14314233246_thumb.jpg

post-90926-143142332458_thumb.jpg

Sounds like a plan Bill!

If you post assembly dates, Maybe others in Northern California would like to help.

Around hear we have barning rasings. No reason your local club and others couldn't have a car raising!

How about it guys. The dirty work is all done and even the most inexperienced will have direction to reasemble the pretty stuff!

Dwight

Edited by Dwight Romberger (see edit history)

I believe you are right Glenn, and we have an opportunity to prove that we would offer to help!

Bill gave me the OK to schedule a "Car Raising!" on a Saturday and Sunday next month (Feb) at his home in Fairfield, California.

Everyone who can turn a wrench or supervise an aspect of the reassembly of Bill's car is welcome. For anyone who is traveling a distance, Bill's brother has arranged special rates at the nearby Hilton.

THE TENATIVE GOAL:

Have the engine running by the end of the day on Saturday!

Have the rest of the car reassembled by the end of the day Sunday!

If you want to come, post your name on this thread saying you want to be there to encourage others!

More details to follow.

Dwight

I am really sorry I live so far away as this looks like it would be a whole lot of fun to do and would certainly give a sense of accomplishment. On second thought , maybe I could think about pitching in. I will monitor the progress of this car raising. This will also be an interesting story to be part of the car in the future. I hope you guys can bring in someone who knows 32 Olds although I don't think it will be too complicated. It would be nice to get it to a point where Bill could enjoy it. Need to get it running and don't forget to post some pictures. Best wishes and good luck!

Edited by nickelroadster
modify (see edit history)

Sounds like it would be fun to get this car together, and for a good cause. I am in the UK so wouldn't be able to help in person, however I do own a 1932 Olds Patrician, so if there are any photo's needed of where items go, send me a message and I will sort out photo's.

Good luck with the reassembly

Wayne Smith

post-49329-143142337711_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest vacabill

Update, the great gentlemen from the northern california oldsmobile club, came over and started helping me put the car together, i guess not so much me, it was all them. It is driving me crazy that I cant get in there and get my hands dirty, they came over twice, got the engine together, all the parts put on, after the engine gets running will put front fenders on and a special thanks to Dwight Romberger, for getting it started, My wife and I cant thank you guys enough, what a wonderful bunch of people all of you on here are, this is keeping me motivated to beat my condition, so i can in the future, to give back

post-90926-143142404285_thumb.jpg

post-90926-143142404276_thumb.jpg

post-90926-14314240428_thumb.jpg

post-90926-143142404282_thumb.jpg

Edited by vacabill (see edit history)