Kaber said:
That's a nice looking wheel, and it still kinda has the 5 spoke road wheel vibe! Those Disc's will look great thru there.

Tim

Thanks for the compliment. I've had a Hot Rod theme going in my own sick head with this build & the 5 spoke wheel has stood the test of time. I hope they accent my build well

devildog93 said:
I'm pretty interested to see what those wheels will look like. I think they will look great and still pay homage to the road wheels a bit. What is the model name on those?

I'm hoping your right too lol...Eagle Alloy, Boss 338, +2” offset, 4.5” BS

arnulfo de l.a. said:
I like um!

arnulfo

Glad you like um too :)

Edited by RockinRiviDad (see edit history)

Light a fire under that project son The Ghost is getting close to exhaust I want to know how the resonator delete sounds before I order my next Waldron system.

:cool:

SIR…YES, SIR! lol I was suppose to fire it up last week. Damn family & work keep getting in my way lol

Cstang50 said:
The car is coming together nicely can't wait to see it finished..

Thanks, I can hardly wait myself. I sure envy guys like u who keep the project a driver while u build it.

Oh well…This is my first build, live & learn

Here is the exhaust finally installed. Well not quite haha. It’s all just tack welded in place for now. My buddy convinced me to leave it tacked for now in case we need to shift it around when we place the body on.

This exhaust system did not fit as advertised & the vendor NEVER returned my calls/emails to make things right. If u missed my thread about where NOT to buy exhaust systems from just follow the links below & read on. Please contact me via PM for the vendors name who does NOT deserve our forums business. Moderators won’t allow the company name to be posted. 

On the other hand, the muffler (only) is the Mild Imposter from Waldron's. I have not fired up the rebuilt motor yet to break it in. This exhaust was the last piece of the puzzle. As Clamshells said, I will be lighting a fire under this project soon (not literally lol)

http://forums.aaca.org/showthread.php?t=377044

0FE47616-D7CD-41FF-84AD-B57186E856AE.jpeg.6a8f3240b4d0ebaf3d33d38431caaae6.jpeg

D2C288E7-86AF-4D19-9FD3-8AE59854C183.jpeg.6e886300432eadf987601aad03f3035e.jpeg

Here is my wheels & tires mounted & ready to roll. I'm not sure I chose the right sidewall profile…235/55r 18's. I did want to fill in the wheel wells but my first impression of my tire selection was that they are too big. My buddy said the tires will take on a whole new look once the body is on.

I don't like skinny rubber band tires but I wanted "some" meat for tires. Combined with my Bilstein's, new rubber bushings all around, Gran Sport springs & meaty tires that should be a recipe for a comfortable ride.

If I haven't mentioned (don't shoot me), I have a Hot Rod theme playing out in my head during this build. If anything I can always multiple my burn outs to get these tires down to the right size lol

Side note: is it just me or do these wheels dwarf my disk brake rotors? :( live & learn

C6E217E3-F3F4-4355-B0BC-2045555D7E63.jpeg.58dcc9553397d2f404db0ef53909465e.jpeg

Here is my latest work. I pulled the windshield out & tore the headliner off. Most of the exterior stainless & interior chrome trim is off. My buddy let me borrow a double handled windshield razor knife that made cutting the butyl ribbon a breeze (impressive tool).

The windshield trim was another story…those damn clips did not wanna release my windshield trim. Luckily the trim survived & I was able to move forward.

In the preliminary cleaning of my windshield track I see a BB size rust hole at the top of the A post…weird place for it. I suspect the rear window track will not be as kind. I will not be removing the door & quarter window glass it's in great shape. But I plan on cleaning & lubing the tracks up real good.

I will have to take the advise from the forum about powering my windows with a 12v drill battery to get them to roll down into their cavities. Wish me luck, hope I don't burn up any window motors haha

C23B5DAA-A527-49A1-A2E1-12987834E890.jpeg.10cfc71356a2cc0b11a704b1ce605ce9.jpeg

There are a couple of vendors who advertise them in the Riview. They're made of fiberglass now so you'd need to recover them with some vinyl for the correct look.

Ed

Here is my wheels & tires mounted & ready to roll. I'm not sure I chose the right sidewall profile…235/55r 18's. I did want to fill in the wheel wells but my first impression of my tire selection was that they are too big. My buddy said the tires will take on a whole new look once the body is on.

I don't like skinny rubber band tires but I wanted "some" meat for tires. Combined with my Bilstein's, new rubber bushings all around, Gran Sport springs & meaty tires that should be a recipe for a comfortable ride.

If I haven't mentioned (don't shoot me), I have a Hot Rod theme playing out in my head during this build. If anything I can always multiple my burn outs to get these tires down to the right size lol

Side note: is it just me or do these wheels dwarf my disk brake rotors? :( live & learn

image_zps2254841f.jpg

That"s what I'm talking about! Awesome!!!

Tim

Dave,

exhaust looks good. Just wondering, how you will bee able to get a good 360* weld around them if you have the body on? Also do you have power windows? If yes , its real easy to roll them up and down with a battery and wire leads. You dont need to do the drill motor thing.

Suerte,

arnulfo

Dave,

Also do you have power windows? If yes , its real easy to roll them up and down with a battery and wire leads. You dont need to do the drill motor thing.

Suerte,

arnulfo

Especially on a first generation car with the door skins off. I've replaced one regulator, one motor, and added electric vent windows to my car. I've been using the existing switches and battery in place to do everything (doing it this way, I also identified one bad switch.) I've taken the motors off, removed the gear, and cleaned off all of the old caked grease. On the work bench, I re-lube them and then use the 18 volt battery from my cordless drill to spin the motors. Ground the case to the - side of the battery, then use a jumper wire from the + side of the battery to each of the two terminals on the motor. One terminal is 'up' and the other terminal is 'down'. I've never tried it with a 12V cordless tool battery, but 18 volts really makes them spin fast and work freely.

Ed

Snake said:
Nice pakage tray, how can I get one!

Thanks Greg, call me for details. The one I have is not as nice as the repros available thru the back of the Riview. But I can't complain, the price was great & its in much better shape than my stock one. This one was a failed attempt which ended up getting kicked around the guys shop for years & its still nicer than mine. I plan on adding some fiberglass to the mounting edge which wasn't finished & then wrap it with vinyl like my stock one.

My buddy bought two of these trays, skim coated one, sprayed it with primer then painted it black & it looks sharp. A side by side comparison of the actual finished product that sells for $150 & this one I have is night & day. PM me for those pix if you are interested.

Kaber said:
That"s what I'm talking about! Awesome!!!

Tim

Thanks Tim

arnulfo de l.a. said:
Dave,

exhaust looks good. Just wondering, how you will bee able to get a good 360* weld around them if you have the body on? Also do you have power windows? If yes , its real easy to roll them up and down with a battery and wire leads. You dont need to do the drill motor thing.

Suerte,

arnulfo

Arnulfo, thank you & good question. But its actually an easy task. All the exhaust hangers are bolted to my frame. 10 minutes the whole system can be sitting on the ground. I used all stainless steel hardware so I'm sure rust won't be an issue for many years to come. The only things that will be welded in are the tailpipes to the mufflers & the resonator elimination pipe forward of where it bolts to the "over the axle" pipe.

I do have power windows & excuse me if I misled you. I will be trying the drill "battery" with wire leads to get the windows down. I will call you or Ed for direction on that when the time comes, thank again.

RivNut said:
I've added electric vent windows to my car. I've been using the existing switches and battery in place to do everything (doing it this way, I also identified one bad switch.) I've taken the motors off, removed the gear, and cleaned off all of the old caked grease. On the work bench, I re-lube them and then use the 18 volt battery from my cordless drill to spin the motors. Ground the case to the - side of the battery, then use a jumper wire from the + side of the battery to each of the two terminals on the motor. One terminal is 'up' and the other terminal is 'down'. I've never tried it with a 12V cordless tool battery, but 18 volts really makes them spin fast and work freely.

Ed

aahh, adding power vent windows would be a nice touch...I don't have those. I think Arnulfo did that too.

I'm so anal-retentive I will prob do as u did & clean everything up too. I will try the 12v battery & let you know. If that doesn't work I have a 19.2v battery too. I am a little confused about what u said on "grounding the case to the side of the battery"??? I will PM you about that, thank you

If this helps-i used a pigtail from parts car and battery charger on low-worked fine.

oh.....thats a good idea too, thank u

I am a little confused about what u said on "grounding the case to the side of the battery"??? I will PM you about that, thank you

There are two wires running to each motor. One is the "up" wire, one is the "down" wire. There is no ground wire on the motor. It grounds through the case which is mounted to the body and grounded through the body, ergo if it's not mounted in the car, it has no ground. You have to create the ground circuit by connecting a wire to the case of the motor.

Ed

Forgot to post this new purchase.

Fueled by a recent thread about dash pads I decided to gather more info via PM & I was sold.…thx for the help Pete.

This ABS dash cover is from Dastop in Reno & I think it got here in 2 days. Looks great…it's plastic but I laid it across the dash in my gutted 65 & it looks good. Can't wait to install it…

here is the link if u want to purchase your own

http://www.dashtop.com/index.php?search%5Bterms%5D=2064

C30336BB-82EA-40C7-8EC6-ED92FF0F8EEB.jpeg.cdf2aa8bbb2122be16719092fd72f739.jpeg

63474D70-9952-4ECE-8F80-38F4F83BF6F5.jpeg.245fef3c65df21f704e445cfc55b50a2.jpeg

Very encouraging. Let us know how the speaker grill fits and how well it fits in general.

Ed

Very cool project and I'm following it with great interest! May the wind be at your back and ample funds in your bank account (or wherever you stash them!)

I would tend to agree with your friend, David. Until all things are in their place, they may appear exaggerated in some way. I've had this happen many times with my own projects.

Steve

Forgot to post this new purchase too. Fueled by a recent thread about dash pads I decided to gather more info via PM & I was sold.…thx for the pix Pete.

This ABS dash cover is from Dastop in Reno & I think it got here in 2 days. Looks great…it's plastic but I laid it across the dash in my gutted 65 & it looks good. Can't wait to install it…

image_zps218c0032.jpg

image_zps1290b6e1.jpg

Have you test fitted it to see if you have enough clearance to possible add vinyl over it?

If I were you, I would dye it to the color you want. The original covering was what is called "haircell" grain vinyl. Hopefully this reproduction was molded as haircell to begin with so it will look correct. Haircell is difficult to find as yard goods.