1928 Studebaker Dictator business coupe survivor.

Guest 289stude

289- That's a very nice looking early survivor ! A person rarely gets to own a car such as this. And I realize it is your car, your money, but please reconsider your plans to "upgrade" it. These treasures don't come to the collectors view very often and are now much more appreciated then when they were put away. I have also found this to be true, " you cannot un-ring a bell ", through experience. Good luck on your super nice purchase! --Bob

Guest 289stude

Hi guys. On the fence with it however if any upgrades were to be made they would be bolt on bolt off ONLY all parts would be kept and labeled. I'll likely leave it the way it is it will take years to find performance parts for it anyhow. Interior & exterior are not going to be touched. Just thought it would look cool to open the hoods and see some 60 year old goodies in there.

I've been collecting studes for 20 years now bought my first one when I was 19. I wanted this one because it's so original. Trust me no harm will come to this little lady.

Edited by 289stude (see edit history)

Glad that you got it! I collect Studebakers too and watched the progress on Ebay and hoped it would go to someone like you. It seems like a good match. One of my cars is a 1927 Dictator Victoria, different style but really not so different. Just don't expect too much from it, it is after all a forty five mph car.-Bill

Guest 289stude

Glad that you got it! I collect Studebakers too and watched the progress on Ebay and hoped it would go to someone like you. It seems like a good match. One of my cars is a 1927 Dictator Victoria, different style but really not so different. Just don't expect too much from it, it is after all a forty five mph car.-Bill

nope won't expect too much I have a factory (1 of 9) 63 full package R2 Super Lark Daytonas (mine is in Super Red paint) and a 63 Avanti with factory 7" wide Hailibrands, dual quads ( not a real R4 but all factory NOS R4 components ) and a Paxton Novi supercharger feeding all 8 barrels if I want to go fast!

Edited by 289stude (see edit history)