Front Strut to Steering Knuckle Bolts

Guest crazytrain2

Guest crazytrain2

As depicted in pic below the lower strut to steering knuckle bolt hole (slot) is elongated to allow for camber adjustment. When replacing the front struts is it advisable to use an eccentric (cam design) bolt / washer kit for the lower mounting hole (slot)? If so which design of eccentric bolt works best as there seems to be 3 or 4 variations.

Thanks!

post-57038-143142310688_thumb.jpg

If you have to use an eccentric bolt the your car has many other issues. Unless you are trying to do some ridiculous things to your alignment and in that case I will remind you that these are front wheel drive cars. One other point is that the eccentric bolts are, in my opinion, weaker do to smaller diameter.

Guest crazytrain2

No not trying to do anything rediculous. I'm planning to replace the front struts, mounts and bearings, get an alignment and new tires sometime soon. I just thought I'd ask the question more or less as a matter of curiosity. That and the logic of why else would they offer them. But I take it from your response the answer is NO not required nor recommended.