What kind of car is this?

From: "Ronald Klewer" RKlewer@msn.com <BR>Date: 07/31/2002 06:42 AM <BR>Subject: Identifying a vehicle <P><BR>Hi, my name is Ron and I just posted on the site to try to find out if anyone knew how I could identify a car for a friend of mine. ply33 told me to e-mail it to you and maybe you could post it for me. Thanks for any help that you provide me with. Ron loundoun.jpg

Could be an International High Wheeler, need to check some other photos. The plate is from Pennsylvania, my guess is it was taken durring WWII.==== CHANGED MY MIND! IHC had steering wheels, this must be a Sears with the tiller made in 1908-1912.<p>[ 07-31-2002: Message edited by: 1937hd45 ]

Definitely a Sears, note the crank in front indicating a motor at right angles to the axle on account of the friction drive wheel that slides on the jackshaft which is visible on the side with the small sprocket.

Did anyone notice it has a Pa. license plate on the front? Looks to me like a mid to late '50s plate.<P><BR>Sorry, 1937HD45 already noticed it.<p>[ 07-31-2002: Message edited by: Alan Terek ]

As a photo comparison, here are 2 pictures of our Sears, which is a 1911 Model H # 3296. Our does not have the top and fenders, which of course were an option.<P> sears.jpg <P> P7220359.jpg <P>This picture was taken at the SE Specail National Fall Meet held in Charlotte NC in 2000. <P>Hope this helps.

Believe me - it would be a very, very, very, long ride. Before we got our new chains, I pushed (and put the chains back on when they came off) more than I every got to ride. With just a little 2 cylinder air-cooled engine, it is not known for its engine pull and strength. Hills (not to mention mountains) would be very difficult. On a flat surface though it does a great job.

Guest EMF-Owner

Did anyone notice the sign, or picture, on the leather dash on the front of this Sears. I have seen this picture come across eBay from time to time. If memory serve, the picture includes text describing the drivers journey in this Sears. Purhapse this picture was taken on that Journey? <P>I would agree that this is a 1911 or 1912 Sears. <P>The Sears Motorbuggy Homepage is in the works and coming soon. I would love to have this picture to put into the photo archive that will be a part of this web page. Could I get a good copy from the owner?<P>The Sears Motorbuggy Homepage will be similiar to the E-M-F Homepage, but will not have a resotration log. I can only restore one car at a time.

This is just a Thank You to all the great people that helped out to answer my question.The person that was looking for the answer was very impressed as was I to the quick response. Your a great bunch of people and thanks again. I hope that maybe I can reciprocate in some way sometime.<BR> Ron

I was gonna mention that! <BR>There is also a Loudoun county historical society and if memory serves Leesburg is the big city there.