This is the ONLY, 'Adams-Farwell' automobile left in existence "Video"

Guest bofusmosby

WOW !!

I remember this car at Harrahs in the 60s or 70s, I did not know it was the only one.

It was on display with a description and that engine was of huge interest to me and I think about it often. To see it run is a real treat for me.

I used to go to that collection often and was heart broken when Holiday Inns or whoever didn't see the value of admission as profitable enough for such a collection and liquidated it. The Bill Harrah story is quite interesting if anybody has the desire to google it.

Not only cars in that collection but also the best gun and slot machine collections ever to be amassed. (they would even let you put some nickles in some of the old slots).

Thank you so much for posting, I now have another vision to watch in my minds eye.

I am going to have to get to Reno again someday, however there will never be another collection like Bill Harrah put together.

WOW !!

I remember this car at Harrahs in the 60s or 70s, I did not know it was the only one.

It was on display with a description and that engine was of huge interest to me and I think about it often. To see it run is a real treat for me.

I used to go to that collection often and was heart broken when Holiday Inns or whoever didn't see the value of admission as profitable enough for such a collection and liquidated it. The Bill Harrah story is quite interesting if anybody has the desire to google it.

Not only cars in that collection but also the best gun and slot machine collections ever to be amassed. (they would even let you put some nickles in some of the old slots).

Thank you so much for posting, I now have another vision to watch in my minds eye.

I am going to have to get to Reno again someday, however there will never be another collection like Bill Harrah put together.

I remember it at Harrah's, too. It seemed to me that the radial engine would fly apart, but it seems to be fairly stable. Jack, let me know when you want to go to the Museum and I may tag along.

Sure John, That could be a fun trip.

I am in winter mode for a few more months, the only place I want to go is my brothers place in Palm Springs. He lives near the airport.

A buddy of mine left for the Bay area at noon yesterday, He called me when the freeway was all backed up at Albany for the snow. He turned around.

As a kid, I remember seeing a video or film of someone starting it by grabbing ahold of one of the cylinder heads and pulling it toward himself as hard as he could. It was just like starting an airplane by pulling down on the propeller. I remember he said you can't do it when it was hot or you would burn yourself!

It was also a common entry in a picture car information "cartoon" in the comic section of the Sunday paper. I can't remember the name. It was a "name that car" kind of thing. It was always next to Mark Trails animal drawings. In the early sixties it was made into a small yellow book of all the cars. Mabe someone remembers it.

Edited by Dwight Romberger (see edit history)