Sign in to follow this  
Ian Hayhurst

1912 Reo "Burn Find" parts

I recently bought the remains of this 1912 Reo that tragically burned about a decade ago. The few remaining sheet metal bits are in very poor condition, but maybe someone can use some of this for patterns. The only piece that may be re-usable is the hood former.

• Two front fenders--one has the iron, the other iron is still attached to the frame
  • Hood with one handle and four hold-down brackets
  • Headlight forks, buckets, bar, and hood support rods
  • Hood former with bracket for the ventilation screen
  • Rad shell--2 pieces--front and surround

All of this is bent and twisted, rusted, pitted, or full of holes.

Yes, I got the chassis, but I intend to keep most of it. If you have a specific need for a bracket or linkage, I may be able to help. I'm not likely to sell the engine, axles & hubs, transmission, or steering column--sorry.

For photos, please go to www.hccaontario.ca, click on the Photo Gallery, and the Reo album. They were a bit too big to include in this post.

https://picasaweb.google.com/109483436555479908882/Reo?noredirect=1

This stuff is not well suited for shipping, but I can get it to Hershey 2014 for you.

Ian Hayhurst

Claremont, ON

ihayhurs <at> yahoo.ca

<at>By the way, I'm open to creative suggestions on what else to do with this mess. My wife suggested I enhance the lawn tractor, but that may be tough cornering around trees....

post-36987-143142300418_thumb.jpg</at>

About the only things you can really do with that is #1 use as a pattern for new metal or #2 yard art.

About the only things you can really do with that is #1 use as a pattern for new metal or #2 yard art.

Yes, Keiser, sadly you are correct. I hoped maybe someone restoring one might need them for patterns. No takers yet, though.

Ian