Winter Buicks

JohnD1956

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

According to the article in Hemming Muscle, the GSX only came in yellow and white.  Is glacier white a different color than apollo white?

According to the GSX Buyer's Guide in the Feb 2018 Hemmings Muscle Machines magazine, "Apollo White" was the same color as "Glacier White" used on the base GS model (bottom of pg. 52)...  :huh:

Edited by EmTee
updated (see edit history)

20180104_101359.thumb.jpg.b871bb885ecd942173415ef809bef11d.jpg

Our 1968 Buick Riviera "The Aqua Zephyr"  out in the first (and possibly only) snow of the year. Fayetteville, NC 

Doesn't the Aqua Mist turquoise just POP against the white of the snow? 

20180104_101623.thumb.jpg.73b61bf5b675bbeb80e271f2cd6fd5fa.jpg

20180104_101532.thumb.jpg.5cf59893e577877484ad4e682f2dac7e.jpg

Edited by Fayetteville, NC (see edit history)
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, MCHinson said:

I don't get a chance to take a photo of a car with snow very often. Here is one from today.

DSC_0839.JPG

This is an awesome picture!  How did you get that there without getting it dirty? 

• Like 2

That is about half a mile from my house. I drove slowly around the neighborhood and stopped when I found places that I wanted to take photos. The local neighborhood streets were mostly deserted and mostly covered with about 3 inches of snow so it was easy to drive around without making too much of a mess.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Laurent said:

Thank you Mike. I am eager to see that, i have not yet received the Bugle.

You're aware you can view it on line via the BCA website? If like me however I like to view the really nice stuff by hard copy. and your article fits that category  :)

On January 4, 2018 at 9:24 AM, wndsofchng06 said:

Usually my car lives in my shop when I'm not using it,  but I left it out last night for a photo op.

20180104_070701.jpg

Love that shot! Next time pull it in front of that beautiful old farmhouse of yours though, got that?! :D

curios, is that a future barbecue grill sitting in front of that tree. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

Love that shot! Next time pull it in front of that beautiful old farmhouse of yours though, got that?! :D

curios, is that a future barbecue grill sitting in front of that tree. 

10- 4.  Beside the tree is my egg stand. It's a couple of doors and an old trunk lid and during the spring and summer time I leave a cooler full of fresh eggs out there. People pay what they want, and all the eggs from my 20 chickens don't go to waste.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 06/01/2018 at 4:28 PM, MrEarl said:

You're aware you can view it on line via the BCA website? If like me however I like to view the really nice stuff by hard copy. and your article fits that category  :)

Yes Mr Earl, i know there is the E- Bugle but i can't access it. I have renewed my membership (which expired at the end of December) but i think i don't have the correct password.

That being said, like you, i prefer the hard copy.

On 09/01/2018 at 2:23 PM, Laurent said:

Yes Mr Earl, i know there is the E- Bugle but i can't access it. I have renewed my membership (which expired at the end of December) but i think i don't have the correct password.

That being said, like you, i prefer the hard copy.

It's done, i have access to the E-Bugle.

Great work, as usual.

I thank Pete Phillips. ;)

There's an older gentleman in my area who owns one of those '38 convertibles.  He brought it to the weekly Thursday cruise-in at Sylvan Beach last summer when I was there.  I would love to own that car, but I don't see him parting with it as he has owned it for decades...

• 3 weeks later...