Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 12/11/2020 at 6:00 AM, Machine Gun said:

Reminds you of your grandfather? What, you trying to make me feel old? It reminds me of me when I used to roll out the pre-mounted snow tires every winter.

 We did that also when we lived in NJ. Linden had pretty good snow removal, but I always had to shovel out the entrance to the driveway a second time after the plow came by.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

 We did that also when we lived in NJ. Linden had pretty good snow removal, but I always had to shovel out the entrance to the driveway a second time after the plow came by.

Yes, the same in Paterson where I grew up. We were lucky because my parents owned the house, and we had a driveway and a garage. Felt bad for others in the neighborhood who had to park on the street and dig themselves out. You probably remember seeing kitchen chairs and garbage cans that people used to reserve their spaces while at work. Probably still a common practice in cities.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2020 at 11:46 PM, JohnD1956 said:

This might help put it in perspective 

 

OK, John -- you win!  With only about 6 inches of accumulation from the storm here, I'm not even going to try...  :unsure:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2020 at 9:19 AM, JohnD1956 said:

 

I am glad others weren't impacted like this. It is a lot of snow but it wasn't heavy wet stuff, it is what I imagine skiers love, thick fluffy light snow. Problem is it still weighs a lot in these accumulations even if its a fluffy powder.  Where I live was hit by a confluence of two different storms which was not the early prediction. Original predictions was for 1-3 inches.  Instead we got 29-32. And further south in Binghamton NY they got 41 inches.  @KAD36 lives in that neck of the woods and @jackofalltrades70 lives about an hour south of him.  I imagine those two guys are still buried.  

Oh well, just chaulking it up to the changing "normal" like a lot of other things this century. 

John

Been really busy.  We ended up with between 24-30 inches. Depending on how/where it was measured. I got up at 4 and went to work.  When got home worked 5 hrs cleaning cars and driveway

 

Binghamton got twice as much as we did and they are 35 min North

 

Matt

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t want to be a party popper but I have to report weather conditions after a 60 degree cold front came through our area. See no white stuff from my garage view. Chucks!....another non white Xmas...

2F66A415-3D8D-403F-AD72-9646D0371AE0.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Machine Gun said:

Yes, the same in Paterson where I grew up. We were lucky because my parents owned the house, and we had a driveway and a garage. Felt bad for others in the neighborhood who had to park on the street and dig themselves out. You probably remember seeing kitchen chairs and garbage cans that people used to reserve their spaces while at work. Probably still a common practice in cities.

 

Yes, I recall Patterson 1958-1960 and beyond.

I dated a young lady whose family lived half a block south of East Side Park, possibly E. 38th St as I recall. Houses were pretty well spread out there, and most had driveways and garages. Snow removal there seemed to be the same issues, but reserving spaces didn't seem an issue.

Her father preferred that I drive either his then new '58 Imperial Crown, or his wife's white '58 Imperial convertible,

rather than my 1949 Pontiac convertible,

and I was delighted to oblige.

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Couldn't resist taking it out after the deep freeze we just went through.  Might be a little overdressed for the 0 deg celcious but thought I should be period correct. She started just fine in the unheated garage and just took it out in the yard.IMG_3071.jpg.d04a1b27cb866783bac447068bd8c2cb.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

 So one of the modern beasties needed some work, so the Electra was voted to be out in the snow for a day or so. I started cleaning it off before I remembered it would be a good photo op for this thread. Started great in the cold, not real cold though, maybe about 18-20F when I went to get it back inside before the next snow fell.

Keith

 

ElectraSnow.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Buicknutty said:

 So one of the modern beasties needed some work, so the Electra was voted to be out in the snow for a day or so. I started cleaning it off before I remembered it would be a good photo op for this thread. Started great in the cold, not real cold though, maybe about 18-20F when I went to get it back inside before the next snow fell.

Keith

 

ElectraSnow.jpg

 

 

That's you Electra? Don't recall ever seeing it. She's a beautiful beast!!!!!! That's quite a capture, the colors are quite mystical.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Thank you. I have posted pics of it from time to time before. The digital camera on the phone has amped up the colour a bit. In reality it is a bit paler.

It is a very original California car, it scored 380 a few years ago in the Archival Class at a National meet. Great driver too.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2021 at 7:03 AM, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

 

 

  Beautiful!!   I am envious!   Heated garage and beautiful Buick.😜

 

  Ben

Hey Ben, I have a heated garage 12 months a year! Not your case anymore. The Buicks are missing for now though 

5DD8819B-564F-4087-B2E8-CEA7DBEFB407.jpeg

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...