Winter Buicks

JohnD1956

On 12/11/2020 at 6:00 AM, Machine Gun said:

Reminds you of your grandfather? What, you trying to make me feel old? It reminds me of me when I used to roll out the pre-mounted snow tires every winter.

We did that also when we lived in NJ. Linden had pretty good snow removal, but I always had to shovel out the entrance to the driveway a second time after the plow came by.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

We did that also when we lived in NJ. Linden had pretty good snow removal, but I always had to shovel out the entrance to the driveway a second time after the plow came by.

Yes, the same in Paterson where I grew up. We were lucky because my parents owned the house, and we had a driveway and a garage. Felt bad for others in the neighborhood who had to park on the street and dig themselves out. You probably remember seeing kitchen chairs and garbage cans that people used to reserve their spaces while at work. Probably still a common practice in cities.

• Thanks 1

On 12/18/2020 at 9:19 AM, JohnD1956 said:

I am glad others weren't impacted like this. It is a lot of snow but it wasn't heavy wet stuff, it is what I imagine skiers love, thick fluffy light snow. Problem is it still weighs a lot in these accumulations even if its a fluffy powder.  Where I live was hit by a confluence of two different storms which was not the early prediction. Original predictions was for 1-3 inches.  Instead we got 29-32. And further south in Binghamton NY they got 41 inches.  @KAD36 lives in that neck of the woods and @jackofalltrades70 lives about an hour south of him.  I imagine those two guys are still buried.  

Oh well, just chaulking it up to the changing "normal" like a lot of other things this century. 

John

Been really busy.  We ended up with between 24-30 inches. Depending on how/where it was measured. I got up at 4 and went to work.  When got home worked 5 hrs cleaning cars and driveway

Binghamton got twice as much as we did and they are 35 min North

Matt

• Like 1

Don’t want to be a party popper but I have to report weather conditions after a 60 degree cold front came through our area. See no white stuff from my garage view. Chucks!....another non white Xmas...

2F66A415-3D8D-403F-AD72-9646D0371AE0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Machine Gun said:

Yes, the same in Paterson where I grew up. We were lucky because my parents owned the house, and we had a driveway and a garage. Felt bad for others in the neighborhood who had to park on the street and dig themselves out. You probably remember seeing kitchen chairs and garbage cans that people used to reserve their spaces while at work. Probably still a common practice in cities.

Yes, I recall Patterson 1958-1960 and beyond.

I dated a young lady whose family lived half a block south of East Side Park, possibly E. 38th St as I recall. Houses were pretty well spread out there, and most had driveways and garages. Snow removal there seemed to be the same issues, but reserving spaces didn't seem an issue.

Her father preferred that I drive either his then new '58 Imperial Crown, or his wife's white '58 Imperial convertible,

rather than my 1949 Pontiac convertible,

and I was delighted to oblige.

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Smartin said:

Kicked the Electra out of the shop tonight to work on a newer car in the heat..

13C5C072-EAAE-429B-BD21-1B630DB78AE8.jpeg

Great looking Buick !

• Like 1

So one of the modern beasties needed some work, so the Electra was voted to be out in the snow for a day or so. I started cleaning it off before I remembered it would be a good photo op for this thread. Started great in the cold, not real cold though, maybe about 18-20F when I went to get it back inside before the next snow fell.

Keith

ElectraSnow.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Buicknutty said:

So one of the modern beasties needed some work, so the Electra was voted to be out in the snow for a day or so. I started cleaning it off before I remembered it would be a good photo op for this thread. Started great in the cold, not real cold though, maybe about 18-20F when I went to get it back inside before the next snow fell.

Keith

ElectraSnow.jpg

That's you Electra? Don't recall ever seeing it. She's a beautiful beast!!!!!! That's quite a capture, the colors are quite mystical.

Thank you. I have posted pics of it from time to time before. The digital camera on the phone has amped up the colour a bit. In reality it is a bit paler.

It is a very original California car, it scored 380 a few years ago in the Archival Class at a National meet. Great driver too.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/13/2021 at 7:03 AM, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Beautiful!!   I am envious!   Heated garage and beautiful Buick.😜

Ben

Hey Ben, I have a heated garage 12 months a year! Not your case anymore. The Buicks are missing for now though 

5DD8819B-564F-4087-B2E8-CEA7DBEFB407.jpeg

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)