JohnD1956

Winter Buicks

Recommended Posts

Doesn't say they have to be running right?

878752393_1958BuickLimited-January62014-copy.jpg.05dc96663795d9b791dee7c33e90d5c7.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dei said:

Doesn't say they have to be running right?

878752393_1958BuickLimited-January62014-copy.jpg.05dc96663795d9b791dee7c33e90d5c7.jpg

No, but you don't have to promote depression either.  Poor car, but I know from your posts that it is a goner.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, kgreen said:

No, but you don't have to promote depression either.  Poor car, but I know from your posts that it is a goner.

 

Ya, this was a few years ago but some parts of her are living on and will be used with some of my other 58's.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dei said:

 

Ya, this was a few years ago but some parts of her are living on and will be used with some of my other 58's.

 

You made a good decision there.  These donors are not in junk yards anymore. 

 

You are lucky to be able to keep that car in your yard.  Here in suburban Atlanta I've been noticed by the city officials when I had left a vehicle outside the garage without four wheels while doing a brake job.  It took me three days to do the work as I had to figure out what year the replacement rear axle was.  That extra two days on the job irritated the city. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my Massachusetts town you're not allowed to keep/store any UNREGISTERED car out in the open on private property....never mind a PARTS car! 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to distinguish the matching vehicle 🚗 with those modern mirrors you are better off here!

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kgreen said:

You made a good decision there.  These donors are not in junk yards anymore. 

 

You are lucky to be able to keep that car in your yard.  Here in suburban Atlanta I've been noticed by the city officials when I had left a vehicle outside the garage without four wheels while doing a brake job.  It took me three days to do the work as I had to figure out what year the replacement rear axle was.  That extra two days on the job irritated the city. 

 

When I moved last i said no city no hoa no subdivisions

Edited by wndsofchng06 (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was last year.

 

IMG_2455.thumb.JPG.fd1626828aee76c5dd166a4a67ac4430.JPG

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a chance to get the GS out for a ride today.  Went to this site, which is the Saratoga side of the Mohawk River across from Schenectady, NY. It is the site where the trolley bridge crossed the Mohawk River from 1902-1941.  It was considered the longest running span for a trolley in the world at that time.

285364902_GSatAlplus1212180002.thumb.JPG.cb4286f909a5dd4f77ffbad88a5d84f4.JPG

59255294_GSatAlplus1212180006.thumb.JPG.a3f1a77f44b8f7245450320eaa267dda.JPG

 

Afterwards just got a shot in the fields by the river

28228241_GSatAlplus1212180008.thumb.JPG.5db628d8573423904b918b0345b86dd6.JPG

 

And in a Nature park where this Bridge arch can be seen only when the trees and shrubs drop their leaves.  This arch carried the trolley over the creek as it wound it's way up north to Ballston Spa, NY.

 

1825959704_GSatAlplus1212180010.thumb.JPG.2d319e6bf97262000f2174f5bf1217ef.JPG

 

And from the corner of our home

 

1378519137_GSatAlplus1212180011.thumb.JPG.3cfaf09f2c2684d1c5631cddfea0b70a.JPG

 

It's not visible but it's only in the 30's today. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now