Winter Buicks

JohnD1956

6 hours ago, RivNut said:

Must have been really wasted when he drove home the night before.

And it looks like a heavy wet snow besides! Probably took months to dry that car out! 

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, avgwarhawk said:

077_Cars.jpg

White Tower??? They can't still be around. Any idea where and when this photo might have been taken? I used to go to a White Tower as a kid with my uncle in my hometown of Paterson, NJ. Brings back pleasant memories.

2 hours ago, Machine Gun said:

White Tower??? They can't still be around. Any idea where and when this photo might have been taken? I used to go to a White Tower as a kid with my uncle in my hometown of Paterson, NJ. Brings back pleasant memories.

Old photo.  See the building advertising with Chelsea 3-6565. Maybe Chelsea MA?   

16 hours ago, RivNut said:

White Tower?  We had White Castle burgers here in the Kansas City area.  Any relationship?

There was a relationship, but not a good one. They were separate companies. White Castle sued White Tower in the 1920s or 1930s for copying their building design and using a similar name. Don't recall how it was settled, but considering that White Towers were still around in the '60s I guess it didn't go too badly for them. We used to have one of their coffee mugs, seemed like it weighed 10 lbs. Long gone, I wish we still had it.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't think that I would be posting anything here for many months, but about a week ago we woke up to a couple of inches of wet snow. The '41 was outside as one of the others had its' usual garage space. So it got covered in snow for the first time in a long time. Plus a shot of Glenda's '16 Envision. One could say that a snowfall is very democratic, it doesn't matter what the car is, if its' there, it gets snowed on!

Keith

PS, I know there's a hubcap missing

Snow1.jpg

Snow2.jpg

Snow3.jpg

Snow4.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2019 at 10:47 AM, Pilgrim65 said:

Agree, Terrible , makes me cringe , owner should be pegged out all night when snow coming in swim trunks only 😊

You must live in a different part of the country.  I've never seen snow come in swim trunks.

• Haha 1