Winter Buicks

JohnD1956

58 minutes ago, wndsofchng06 said:

Was orange a normal color back then?  I kinda like it, makes me want an orange creamsicle.

What year is this Buick? If a 56 there was a Bittersweet color similar to the picture

I had a beautifully restored  Arctic White over Matador Red ‘54 Century once that had too much “orange “ in it. Sold it. 

Wasn’t sure if this belongs here or in Find that Buick but since I’m here ... 

that is a 64 B on the right right?  

and looks like somebody left the window down 😬

2CF69F3B-1304-46BD-B797-DABB6C87AEB9.jpeg

• Like 1

I believe the car with the open window is a 64 Oldsmobile Cutlass, but the car right in front is very interesting.  

I believe only GM used that "C" roof panel design with the recessed window on it's "A bodied 66/67 line.  But the rear 1/4 glass roof line suggests a large body car with the roof line?  

3 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

I believe the car with the open window is a 64 Oldsmobile Cutlass, but the car right in front is very interesting.  

I believe only GM used that "C" roof panel design with the recessed window on it's "A bodied 66/67 line.  But the rear 1/4 glass roof line suggests a large body car with the roof line?  

Agreed.  The car "right in front" is either a 68 or 69 Dodge Charger.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnD1956 said:

Thanks Ed.  I forgot about those!  

If I still had my '68 Dodge Charger, I'd be taking it to Mecum's and retire happily.  Ain't it a kick in the butt to not have the foresight to hang onto some of those cars that we had in the past.  I can think of a few: besides the Charger, there was the 64 Wildcat 2dr hardtop (buckets and console shift)  70 Chevelle, the '69 BMW 2002 tii, the '57 Austin Healey 100-6,  and a couple of '55 Chevy 2 dr. sedans to name a few.

28 minutes ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Why?

Ben

Didn't almost everyone want to emulate Burt Reynolds and his Smokey and the Bandit character and have a CB radio in his car?  "Breaker, breaker. 10-4 Good Buddy, what's you4 20.  There's a Kojak with a Kodak at mile marker XX"

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

Didn't almost everyone want to emulate Burt Reynolds and his Smokey and the Bandit character and have a CB radio in his car?  "Breaker, breaker. 10-4 Good Buddy, what's you4 20.  There's a Kojak with a Kodak at mile marker XX"

There was that!  :rolleyes:

Ben

• 2 weeks later...