Winter Buicks

JohnD1956

• 4 weeks later...

Still officially winter and one of those snow free weeks. Since it was sunny and dry exercised the Special. Decided to park in the wife's spot for the night and it is the first time the car has had frost on it in a long time. -_-

IMG_2785.thumb.JPG.77db3c1bf6d54f807016fa166b24eba3.JPG

• Like 1

When the ice finally clears out from the lakes in MN. They actually announce it in the news so you no longer have at least that to cause damage to ur boats propeller when your anxious to get back on the water!20180306_091838.thumb.jpg.8734e6d62ea8f6895f948a257a2c86cb.jpg20180315_131409.thumb.jpg.dff09263bddf5a1346d66628acaf870d.jpg20180315_173858.thumb.jpg.2bf653a7ef9d69e86b3e66e2748f6fd0.jpg

• 7 months later...
9 hours ago, Thriller said:

I saw snow today...and a 1978 Estate Wagon...does that count?

To quote the famous ( or infamous depending on how you look at it) Mr Earl, pictures, or it didn't happen!  :D

• Haha 3

On 11/5/2018 at 7:00 AM, JohnD1956 said:

To quote the famous ( or infamous depending on how you look at it) Mr Earl, pictures, or it didn't happen!  :D

No pictures that I can recollect but I was there and can at least attest to the Estate Wagon part... I didn’t see snow though ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, dmfconsult said:

No pictures that I can recollect but I was there and can at least attest to the Estate Wagon part... I didn’t see snow though ?

I started the day at a mountain resort...ski slopes aren’t open yet, but did see white higher up the mountains before we got to the sea part of the Sea to Sky Highway.

dmfconsult fed us...it was a great evening.  No photos but memories are etched in my brain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:51 PM, Bhigdog said:

Here's one of our dogs................. He's "Special"................Bob     ;)

super 88 and doggies 008.JPG

Looks like Special is having a Super time. In perhaps the storm of the Century? Though due to the cold his time in the snow is Limited.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Brass is Best said:

Looks like Special is having a Super time. In perhaps the storm of the Century? Though due to the cold his time in the snow is Limited.

Perhaps he was looking for his Master on that iced Road.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kgreen said:

No, but you don't have to promote depression either.  Poor car, but I know from your posts that it is a goner.

Ya, this was a few years ago but some parts of her are living on and will be used with some of my other 58's.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dei said:

Ya, this was a few years ago but some parts of her are living on and will be used with some of my other 58's.

You made a good decision there.  These donors are not in junk yards anymore. 

You are lucky to be able to keep that car in your yard.  Here in suburban Atlanta I've been noticed by the city officials when I had left a vehicle outside the garage without four wheels while doing a brake job.  It took me three days to do the work as I had to figure out what year the replacement rear axle was.  That extra two days on the job irritated the city. 

• Like 1

In my Massachusetts town you're not allowed to keep/store any UNREGISTERED car out in the open on private property....never mind a PARTS car!