have you seen pure blue skys lately?

dkrom

In Wisconsin the convertibles have been put away for the winter. But, I do love winding through country roads (say on the way to Iola) with the top down in the summer. Looking up at the beautiful blue sky always make one feel wonderful to be alive. My favorite convertible times of all are those rare occasions, late, late at night, with a cloudless sky and driving through the country lanes with a billion stars overhead. Pretty close to perfect! Ben

Must say it is nice for it to be cloudy occasionally.

If you're not going to look up at the sky there's no reason to put the top down and even in Minnesota the top can come down for the winter carnival, but you have to dress warm and the girl riding in the back has to be family, or the daughter of a darn good friend.

Speaking of winter convertible driving. My late brother had a 67 Vette convertible he bought new. I was a High School freshman when he bought it. He stored it in winter but the first day in late winter/early spring that it approached a thaw he took it out put the top down and "tooled" through our small town. I got to ride along. I think the whole town thought we were crazy but it was a car memory burned into my brain. I miss him and all the Vettes he owned. Ben