This is a very good Craig's list add

paulrhd29nz

Very Good! I also want to use it. Every time I am asked "how many miles are on it?" I want to SCREAM! Just exactly how many mile do you THINK a 30-40-50 year old car has? And what DIFFERENCE does it make? Come on REALLY? Why am I selling it? GEEZ, I am saving up to buy a Duesenberg and an Indy Roadster and if I get enough for my 61 Falcon, I may still have some left over for the Bugatti Royale.

The listing gave me a chuckle, thanks for that. As far as the "gun diatribe" maybe it is unnecessary but I for one think we take this whole politically correct concept a bit to far. He wasn't talking about shooting people. That said I should also mention I throw caution to the wind and say Merry Christmas although it might offend some.

Carl

The listing gave me a chuckle, thanks for that. As far as the "gun diatribe" maybe it is unnecessary but I for one think we take this whole politically correct concept a bit to far. He wasn't talking about shooting people. That said I should also mention I throw caution to the wind and say Merry Christmas although it might offend some.

Carl

No this doesn't offend me. It's those who would be offended by it that offend me.:mad:

The attachment that Dan posted does offend me but other than voicing my offense to it, I won't make any more issue of it nor any issue toward Dan himself.

Have a good day.

Very Good! I also want to use it. Every time I am asked "how many miles are on it?" I want to SCREAM! Just exactly how many mile do you THINK a 30-40-50 year old car has? And what DIFFERENCE does it make? Come on REALLY? Why am I selling it? GEEZ, I am saving up to buy a Duesenberg and an Indy Roadster and if I get enough for my 61 Falcon, I may still have some left over for the Bugatti Royale.

I find those questions to be very helpful. There is a big difference between a high- and low-mileage cars and you know that. The answer to "why are you selling it?" tells a LOT about the seller.

"why are you selling it?" should be the first question any buyer asks,

I'm trying to buy a dependable cheap used vehicle for my daughter-in-law to drive 160 miles round-trip daily while she handles Trauma Psychology VA patients, E.R. patients and prisoners.

The first guy who returned my call yesterday was very evasive and had limited command of our language, but after stating that the car never gave him any trouble for many years, ultimately admitted that he "flips" cars through a local used car lot because he has no license, but lists on Craigslist as an individual for all of his "flips". His Trailblazer was advertised as having 90K miles and a "new" engine, but the vehicle has 225K miles, a slipping transmission with no 3rd gear, and had a 90K mile engine recently installed.

We found (and just bought) a decent and clean one-owner 100,400 mile Buick Rendezvous. It needs 2 (or maybe all-4) new tires and a battery, and probably an alignment, but should keep her safely on the road - I would still have preferred a long-wheelbase Trailblazer/Envoy for her (she loved driving my Suburban 2500 8.1L, but then, who wouldn't?).

Yes, I want to know how long you owned it, and why you are selling it !

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

Guest myold88

1937-44 Well said. Remember when you could bring a water gun or cap gun to grade school ? At best, you would be told to put it away until after school.

And how about all those "holiday parties" coming up ?

Edited by myold88 (see edit history)