Please help identify and provide info and prices on vintage downdraft carburetors

Guest Rickybop

Guest Rickybop

Edit: Thanks guys...I think I have enough information now.

First up, (3) 2brrl carbs from early '50s Buicks I've had in the past. '51 Roadmaster w/320ci, '52 Roadmaster w/320ci, and '53 Special w/263ci straight eights. But they've been on the shelf for years and I'm not sure which is which. All 3 of these have the vacuum-sensitive switch that enables/disables throttle-actuated cranking.

Carb 1 - Carter WCD 2brrl. Tag #726S. 1-626 cast on side of mounting flange. 4 bolt base. I believe this one is from my 1951 Roadmaster, though the info I've found indicates 1950. Removed from a running engine, but throttle and choke are stuck now. It's missing the choke cover and spring, but I might have it.

pic 1A

s3cc.jpg

pic 1B

7km5.jpg

Carb 2 - Carter WCD 2brrl. Tag #882SA. 1-624 cast on side of mounting flange. 4 bolt base. The info I've found indicates 1952. Complete. Removed from a running engine, but throttle and choke are stuck now.

pic 2A

wrl3.jpg

2B

n90l.jpg

Carb 3 - Stromberg "Aerotype" 2brrl. Number on tag is not legible. Numbers cast on edge of base is 20 and 385329. Number cast on opposite side of body is AAVB. 4 bolt base. I've not found application info. Complete. Removed from a running engine, but throttle and choke are stuck now.

pic 3A

42jx.jpg

pic 3B

x8ch.jpg

Carb 4 - Rochester R1-B 1brrl. Tag #7023017. Cast on edge of base is 7004522. I beleive I had this on my '52 Chevy, but the info I've found indicates it's originally for '63 thru '67 Chevy and GMC trucks. 2 bolt base. 2 15/16" bolt pattern. 1 1/2" diameter throat. Missing choke plate and pivot shaft, but I might have it. From a running engine, but throttle is stuck now.

pic 4A

kpfn.jpg

pic 4B

mdn9.jpg

The next two are very similar Carter 1 barrel carbs, but application is for different years.

Carb 5 - Carter W-1 1brrl. "346" series. Tag #838526. 2 bolt base. 2 11/16" bolt pattern. 1 3/8" diameter throat. Has a ported vacuum fitting. Info I've found indicates 1937 Chevy, and the first year for a truly dependable W-1. Complete. Throttle and choke move freely.

pic 5A

5n6r.jpg

pic 5B

w1sx.jpg

Carb 6 - Carter W-1 1brrl. "574" series. Tag #839987. 2 bolt base. 2 11/16 bolt pattern. I see no ported vacuum fitting. Info I've found indicates 1946 Chevy Master. 2 bolt base. 2 11/16" bolt pattern. 1 1/2" diameter throat. Complete. Throttle and choke move freely. I think I read that these have mechanical power circuits?...so they're good for multi-carb setups as opposed to vacuum power circuits.

pic 6A

6gel.jpg

pic 6B

3rog.jpg

Edited by Rickybop (see edit history)

Guest Commodore

OK Here is some info.

Carb #1 Buick Roadmaster (Model 70) 1950-51

Carb #2 Buick Special (Model 40) 1950-53, Super (Model 50) 1950-52

Carb #3 Buick Roadmaster (Model 70) 1950 -51 maybe. Without tag number it's hard to say.

Carb #4 Chevy 230 CID 6 Cyl 1963-65 All, 1966-67 All Except California

Carb #5 Chevy 216 CID 6 Cyl 1937

Carb #6 Chevy 216 CID 6 Cyl 1946

All these carburetors are common carburetors off of popular cars so they not worth a lot.

Guest Rickybop

Alright Commodore! Thank you very much!

Just yesterday, I was able to find some definitive information on the 3 Buick carbs...and it matched exactly what you've listed. Since I had no tag number for carb #3, I used the numbers cast into the edge of the mounting flange and the letters/numbers on the side of the carb body and finally found something. I came up with '50/'51 Buick model 70 (Roadmaster)...again, exactly as you've listed.

It's of course a sketchy proposition trying to sell (or buy) items when you're not sure of exactly what they are...so this'll be beneficial both to prospective buyers and myself. I surely appreciate your input.

All the best to you sir. - Rick