My Dad got rear endded in his Chrysler TC Maserati... NEED PARTS.

Guest cortesNY

Guest cortesNY

My Dad was driving his Chrysler TC Maserati and got rear ended at a stop sign. We're looking for the following parts:

- Rear Fender

- Rear Driver Side Quarter Panel

- Left side brake light

There is possibly more, we still need to get it checked out. Any help is greatly appreciated. We need to find out the cost to fix so we can get the other guys insurance to pay for the repairs.

Thanks

Not sure why you are listing both a rear quarter panel and a rear fender. The TC has rear quarter panels but not rear fenders (would be bolt on to be called fenders). A good place to check for wrecking yards with parts is car-part.com and use the drop down menus to get to the type of car and part you are looking for. A site member who has many TC parts car and also new TC parts is at

www.arizonaparts.com

Just remember to search for parts by 'Q' body which is TC platform.

Your location would be helpful. Find the 3 best body shops in your area. I use one whose owner restores WW1 airplanes for a "hobby". He has done miracles for me. IE you may not need a rear quarter. I can't see where there was any damage to mine looking at the quarter and the frame and trunk floor. There is a 55 Tbird at my mechanics shop and the owner was in too big of a rush. It's a shame because you can see where the panels were replaced. The value of the car is a fraction of what it could have been.

The first thing you need to do is find cars for sale in comparable condition! List anything that has been done on the car in the last several years. If it is mint and low mileage you need to insist on top quality repairs. The adjuster in going to try to low ball you and even total the car for a pittance.

Read this thread. http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?6751-Insurance-and-Accident-Do-and-Dont-s

Guest BREWCITY72

SORRY FOR YOUR TC,WISH I WOULD GET REAR ENDED SO I CAN GET RID OF THIS CAR,NO ONE SEEMS TO WANT THEM AND THEY HAVE NO VALUE...IT SUCKS..THERE ARE NOS,USED AND SALVAGE PARTS AROUND PUT YOU WILL PAY,YOU MIGHT BE BETTER OFF BUYING ONE THEN PARTING IT TO GET WHAT YOU NEED...