Marty's '37 Buick Limo - (Found a Photo on my computer)

Guest Shoe1932

Guest Shoe1932

Marty

Found this Photo of your '37 Buick Limo from the 2012 AACA Canyon Meet. My '39 Plymouth P-8 is the one parked in front of it. I am sure you have plenty of Photos but another one cant hurt. From what I remember the car, which had somewhere around 11K actual miles, previously belonged to the Mayor of New York City and had been used in parades in the past. I remember hearing that dignitaries such as FDR, MacArthur, and Winston Churchill had been passengers. Very Cool!

I had fun at that meet and enjoyed meeting everyone. Nice Car Marty.

post-86274-143142281741_thumb.jpg

John,

Thank you for the photo and the post. Yes, you are right about the dignitaries who were passengers in the car, and she is a great driver, now with more than 13,000 miles. Just after the meet in Canyon , Texas we drove her on the Glidden Tour in Brenham, TX. She performed beautifully all week long. The only problem (not the Buick's fault) we had was on the day when women were encouraged to drive. Dale drove and I navigated. I directed a wrong turn as we left the parking lot - first thing in the morning, so of course Dale was on the wrong road - my fault, and to make it worse, Herb & Fran Oakes were our passengers that day. My wife is a much better navigator than I am!

Your Plymouth is a great car, and I've always loved those rectangular headlights, among the best-looking ever.

Guest Shoe1932

Marty

Great story. I am sure Herb and Fran had a great time and were laughing along with you. I look forward to the next time we cross paths at a meet.

Regards,

Robin, I hope to have the '37 at Portland if our AACA schedule permits......twins is a neat idea!

John, looking forward to seeing you again too.