Sign in to follow this  
TNtc

Trunk key

Just for your info ACE made me both an ignition key and a trunk key for $3.50.

On the trunk key all you have to do is cut the head back. I extended the shaft by about 1/4 inch, then cut the remaining part of the key on each side at an angle so that it fits into the Logo. I still have plenty of key left so I can place on key ring.

All I used was a hand file and grinding stone on my drill. Amount of time spent less than 30 min.

post-92395-143142304644_thumb.jpgYou could buy the right key blank and have it recut, or put another dime into the project, notch a couple of nickles and turn your rough cut key into a piece of jewlery. I'm thinking of knocking off the plastic and soldering a couple of quarters to the ignition key as I keep sticking the car key in the truck and the truck key in the car.

[Q UOTE=TNtc;1237463]Just for your info ACE made me both an ignition key and a trunk key for $3.50.

On the trunk key all you have to do is cut the head back. I extended the shaft by about 1/4 inch, then cut the remaining part of the key on each side at an angle so that it fits into the Logo. I still have plenty of key left so I can place on key ring.

All I used was a hand file and grinding stone on my drill. Amount of time spent less than 30 min.

Hey Digger Just paint one Hot Pink and place a 2" Duck Tape tail on the other. Then place a Hot Green feather on the Duck Tape and then add more tape. While driving down the road it will tickle the knee of your passenger. Just a thought.

That's a thought, but there are lots of knees I don't want to tickle and that would mean caring a second set of keys.

That's a thought, but there are lots of knees I don't want to tickle and that would mean caring a second set of keys.

Just make them ride in the trunk.