duesenberg model sj convertible coupe

Guest JackW22

Guest JackW22

I am a student at Bettendor High School doing research on the duesenberg model sj convertible coupe, and i would like some help finding information about the car. Thanks

We have three young men on here looking for automobile information for a school project. Would it be possible to tie the three threads together somehow and try to keep them near the top of the list so more people can see them and help out. The threads pertain to Duesenberg SJ, Playboy and Reeves Octoauto. I sent two of the young men private messages; I hope they've found them.

Guest JackW22

Many of the bettendorf high school student posts are spam. My post is not spam, and i greatly appreciate the help that everybody has given me.

Jack,

Could you please ask your teacher to monitor your fellow student's inappropriate behavior. It would certainly help all those who are serious about their research, and encourage more forum members to help those that actually want help.

Many of the bettendorf high school student posts are spam. My post is not spam, and i greatly appreciate the help that everybody has given me.

Hi, can you elaborate on your statement a bit, many of us are confused with these threads. How and why are some messages spam if you are all from the same school, please enlighten us? Where is Bettendorf High School and who is your teacher/instructor?

I don't think that he meant exactly what we normally call spam. Some of the posts were useless attempts at humor that were simply a waste of time, which I think was what he meant by spam. While perhaps close, that is not what I mean when I use the term spam. Sometimes different generation's language, especially in an online environment, is a bit difficult to understand. I think this is the school in question:

http://bhs.bettendorf.k12.ia.us/

Why, and just wondering if there's any more info on pierce arrow, also sorry if you think some of these are spams some of the people in our class clarly thinks its funny to put spam on here but accualy some of us are look for some help

For Duesenberg go to Jay Leno's web site and see the story of how he bought the LAST undiscovered, original, unrestored Duesenberg out of a parking garage in New York City where it was stored since 1931.

He tells the story of how he bought it, how he had it restored by Duesenberg expert Randy Emma and takes you for a ride in the finished (like new) car.

He tells the story of how he bought it, how he had it restored by Duesenberg expert Randy Emma and takes you for a ride in the finished (like new) car.

There have been no undiscovered Model J Duesenberg finds since about 1962. Other than a bit of poetic license Jay's site is a good one I agree.

There have been no undiscovered Model J Duesenberg finds since about 1962. Other than a bit of poetic license Jay's site is a good one I agree.

You take me too literally. The car was known in collector circles in fact I saw a mention of it in a Car and Driver column in the seventies. But it was still owned by the son of the original owner, and must be the last Duesy languishing in its original garage, unrestored, unmoved in decades, not in the hands of a collector.

I don't know how you put that in a word. Undiscovered seemed as good a term as any.

PS I am aware of the one in Hawaii owned by the same family from new.