Nice '65 Gran Sport on CL

68RIVGS

Guest Dialtone

Oh I see the owner finally listed a price. The ad was up earlier in the week but without a price. It just said call or email and make an offer.

Looks like a great car. Why would they post pics on a trailer?? That makes it seem like less of a car.

I agree completely. Says it has been garaged all it's life, but you post pics outside on a trailer with straps across the painted areas? This guy did more damage to the car in a few weeks than the PO did in a few years. Still looks like a nice car. It is interesting for a car that was garaged all it's life to have the wood accents so faded and weathered. Hmmm.

Paul,

I dont generally comment on cars for sale but since the listing has been removed it`s not likely any comments will affect the sale....the mileage was posted as 20K ish and the description implied the car was very original so it is not a stretch for a potential buyer to assume the mileage was accurate. But, I dont think so. Although most of the components appeared to be the original style it was obvious all seating surfaces had been re-upholstered and the interior had seen a substantial degree of weathering. Among other things I noticed the rear trunk lock cover was missing, etc...maybe 120K?? If the original exterior color is black this was a very unusual combination. I dont think I have ever seen an original black car with a Fawn cloth interior. Seems like that might have been a frequent color combo a buyer would have chosen back in the day but I dont recall ever seeing one I knew to be original.

Tom Mooney

Guest Dialtone
Did anyone actually see this car? What was your opinion?

I was thinking about driving over to see it. Because it was only like 60miles or so from me. But I decided not to make the drive, just certain things about the interior that didn't add up too me.

I spoke to the owner he said someone called himself Richard "President of ROA" from Colorado purchased the car for $25k,

He showed him that the engine was not the numbers matching original engine but it was a 425 did not say LX or not.

Didn't all add up with 22k miles? anyway it is gone, I believe. Paul