1933 NOS CHICAGO LICENSE PLATE TOPPER, WORLD'S FAIR

This is an original and NOS License Plate Topper. Pictures should accurately represent the excellent condition of this topper. This was never mounted on a car or outdoors and has a few paint drops on it which occurred from being hung and displayed inside. Happy to email additional pictures if necessary. Asking $225post-72829-143142264893_thumb.jpg

post-72829-143142264884_thumb.jpg

post-72829-143142264888_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Texas Old Car Guy

Hi, your "license plate topper" is actually a City of Chicago Vehicle Tax medallion which was mounted on the car to prove the city taxes were paid for that year. Here's a link to several other year's medallions. Good luck with your sale - looks to be in great condition.

Fred

http://chicagocop.com/htm/history/medallions_stickers/city_vehicle_tax_medallions.htm

Fred,

while they did offer the city tax medallions this is not one of them though it does embody the same shape that the medallions carried. this particular badge was offered as an item to coincide/commemorate with the World's fair in Chicago for 1933. I do appreciate the link you sent and I trust you noticed that they are similar? I'm sure someone that collects toppers might be able to add more info to the thread? Thanks again for taking the time to post.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...