AACA advertising

This post is directed mostly to the AACA directors, but anyone may comment. I've seen a number of magazines with the AACA ad in it. Has anyone else noticed it? It's a small ad that has as much appeal as a wart on someone's nose. What in that ad would entice anyone to join the AACA? What catches my eye to make me want to find out more about the AACA?<P>I was flipping through a new Old Cars Price Guide last night and noticed a new ad for the AACA. It's a new ad but still needs some imagination injected into it. If we want to increase our membership, I think a very good place to start is with our advertising to get people to want to find out what the AACA is and how much fun we have. Surely, as large as our group is, someone out there could do a better job with the advertising. cool.gif" border="0

I have seen the ad for the new AACA muscle car class in Old Cars. However, I have yet to see it in an issue of Mopar Muscle, Mopar Action, High Performance Pontiac or Mustang Monthly. I applaud the effort being taken but I don't think Old Cars effectively caters to the target audience. Unfortunately, the new muscle car class is on of the AACA's best kept secrets in muscle car circles. Just recently on a Mopar muscle car oriented forum, there was athread lamenting the lack of a national scale, all makes muscle car event. There is a huge opportunity for the AACA to exploit an untapped market segment with a very eager base of participants. This would be an extremely effective way to attract the "young blood" that the organization craves.

Thanks for your comments. The ads were actually started last year, they were placed in a few of the old car related magazines, usually in the high performance sections, to highlight our new judging class. We decided to continue them this year.<BR>We are currently working on some new ideas for a campaign and ad copy for next year.<P>Maybe the ads worked, you saw them and remembered them! wink.gif" border="0<BR>Thanks again

'....usually in the high performance sections, to highlight our new judging class...'<P>that sounds like a good idea. However i doubt that the horse'n buggy logo will impress anyone interested in Hi-Perf.

Generally, we are trying to promote AACA more in all of the car circles we touch. We do that to advise of our significant news, new offerings and hopefully attract new members. One of our efforts is to compile a list of clubs and publications where we can forward important AACA information. We would do that through Press Releases and internet links. We would certainly like to receive input from our members on this, as rodlars noted. Of course it would be cost prohibitive to advertise in every old car publication so we will have to spend our small advertizing budget wisely, and look for free opportunities to get our message out like Press Releases, articles in magazines etc.<BR>Thanks