Reatta Collection for sale! SIX Reattas!

repriebe

$4,000

Mansfield, Texas (Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex)

UPDATE: Well, I STILL haven't had time to fill out the forms for each of these, but I have relisted them on Craigslist with individual prices for each car. They can be seen here:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/cto/4763384741.html

THANKS!

Rodney Priebe

817-891-8510

Edited by repriebe (see edit history)

• 5 weeks later...

I LOVE Reattas and HATE the fact that I have to get rid of them, but I need the money for my mortgage, that is all. I did state in the ad that I would consider selling them separately or even part them out, but I NEED the money. I turned down the $1000-$1500 for the Driftwood '90 because it is the nicest one I have and I understand that it increases the value of the package - once again - I NEED THE MONEY!

BJM,

"Texas cars should not have salt derived rust."

You are correct, these cars do not have any salt-induced rust.

Sidney22, You are welcome over here ANYTIME! Just call me and we can arrange a time.

Ronnie, the price is negotiable, just call me and we can talk - as you might see by the lateness of this reply that I don't get on here much.

Rodney Priebe

817-891-8510

Thank you for looking!

At $500 per parts car (that's what they are) that would make them $3000 Total.

No, still for sale. He re-upped his craigs list ad on Dec9. Give him a call and buy them for $6000 firm

• 2 weeks later...
I don't have $6000 at this moment, but I sure love the cars. He isn't far from me, so I'll chat with him! ; )

Maybe we can work together - or 3 or 4 of us can work together. Maybe not. I want the Driftwood coupe at $750. Someone else suggested they were $500 cars.

Once again, BJM:

"I want the Driftwood coupe at $750."

$750 for the Driftwood? If anyone would like to go in with BJM, they should hold him to his original offer of $1,000-$1,500 for it !!! :cool:

And:

"Someone else suggested they were $500 cars."

Someone suggested that they were $500 cars, but they have not come out to look at them nor have they called me to ask me about them or the extra parts that I have.

Furthermore, I listed the collection here with the thought that Reatta enthusiasts would appreciate the opportunity to know about more Reattas that were available.

And, one more thing BJM, thank you for asking to work with others to buy these - THIS is the kind of thinking that will get myself and those interested in these cars to where we all want to be. (Not to mention my mortgage company!)

THANKS!

Once again, BJM:

I understand that money is tight, and if you do not have, or want, to spend the money that I am asking for these cars, then PLEASE keep your opinions to yourself.

I'm not a moderator here but I would like to remind you that we are all members of a forum where opinions are openly shared as long as we are respectful to each other when doing so. For you to tell anyone here to keep their opinions to themselves is out of line. You are relatively new here and if you don't want anyone to express their opinion you have probably posted in the wrong forum.

I am sorry, Ronnie. I AM new to this and apologize if I offended.

I understand that forums are a place for opinions, (such as why Reattas are the best cars on the road! ;))but I am speaking about the opinions regarding why I am selling the cars (BJM did remove his earlier posts regarding this, however, so thank you for that, BJM) or as to their value just by looking at a few pictures. In my :Popinion:p, there is something wrong when people have to be negative about something just because it is not right for them. I understand that objects are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them, and I obviously paid too much for these cars, but what if there is some Reatta lover out there that has been waiting to buy 6 cars so that they can fix up three or four and have lots of spare parts? If they have the money and think that it is worth it, then let them speak by buying. If they are not for them, then let them speak by not buying. Like I said before, I guess I was just wanting to offer these cars to people that I thought would appreciate them, I was not expecting commentary in a "for sale" thread other than someone inquiring about the cars. Lesson learned.

I wasn't offended and I doubt anyone else was. I can understand you not expecting opinions, especially negative ones, when you post an ad in a Buy/Sell forum. Usually there isn't much discussion in this forum about cars for sale other than from interested parties if the the proper form is filled out and posted in your advertisement along with good photos. The form, if filled out properly, describes in detail all about the car and answers most questions about the car you have for sale.

In your case you posted a link to an advertisement on Craigslist instead of posting details here. Looking at any ad on Craigslist brings to mind a lot of unanswered questions and it also leads to opinions about what they see in the Craigslist ad. The questions and opinions given here aren't meant to be detrimental to you selling the car but are usually legitimate questions that would help ensure a forum member doesn't get burned. As you may know, Craigslist is often used as a tool by scammers. Although posting an ad on Craigslist shouldn't be a bad reflection on you, all Craigslist ads should be approached with caution which includes asking lots of questions.

Edited by Ronnie (see edit history)

Once again, BJM:

"I want the Driftwood coupe at $750."

$750 for the Driftwood? If anyone would like to go in with BJM, they should hold him to his original offer of $1,000-$1,500 for it !!! :cool:

And:

"Someone else suggested they were $500 cars."

Someone suggested that they were $500 cars, but they have not come out to look at them nor have they called me to ask me about them or the extra parts that I have.

And, one more thing BJM, thank you for asking to work with others to buy these - THIS is the kind of thinking that will get myself and those interested in these cars to where we all want to be. (Not to mention my mortgage company!)

THANKS!

Rodney,

You are correct that based on our conversation and the way it was going, I felt I would get shot down if I offered $750. As it was, my offer of $1000-$1500 was also rejected.

So, I would go in on the Driftwood Coupe for $1000. I was going off the nice photos which show a nice body and interior, but 170,000 miles is a lot and requiring a new transmission is going to be $2000 (ball park) immediately making a person upside down on values of 170,000 mile Reattas. However, I would not flip or sell or even drive daily a 1990 Driftwood coupe, it would be exercised about 1500 miles a year for awhile, maybe sold way down the line or driven by my daughter when she turns 16.

I forgot that Rodney has 6 cars, for some reason I was thinking 4. But he has some nice projects and you are not going to get decent Reatta projects from a rust free area for less then $750 per car. If I had more space I would buy a couple, but they need transported up here to Iowa, so I'm in for 1.

You stated that the Driftwood coupe was perhaps the nicest of the bunch and therefore $1500 might not buy it, but you have a couple of others that are pretty nice $1000-$2000 projects.

Ronnie:

I apologize for not filling out the proper form, but did not have the time. I agree that Craigslist is used A LOT by scammers, but I frequently buy and sell items on it and find that looking at the item myself is where I receive my information about the item, not what anyone says. In posting my Reattas on this forum, I forgot that most people that will be looking will be far enough away that personally coming here would be out of the question. I apologize for that and welcome any questions about the cars. I will see if I can find the time to fill out the forms for each one, but no promises! (after all, I do have 10 Kids! ;))

BJM:

Thanks for understanding my humor in the $750 comment, I would LOVE to sell these to you guys instead of someone looking for "just another car". I was going to take the transmission from one of the other '90's and put it in the Driftwood Coupe, but, since I was selling all 6, (ONLY because of the amount that I need for my mortgage) I thought that I would leave that up to the new owner to decide what parts to swap where. If a few of you want to make me a collective deal on all 6, someone may want one of the other '90's without a tranny - I would be glad to do the labor to swap them if the deal was right - just a thought.

TO ALL:

Thank you for putting up with a Forum posting newbie, and thanks for looking at my Reattas for sale!

Rodney Priebe

817-891-8510

after reading this I don't know if want to be here. it's kind of a don't you know who I am deal. and I don't care. I am on this site because I like reading a bought reattas the good the bad.

Billy

It's been sorted out. There is a collective knowledge on the forum in the thousands of hours. Rodney has some good projects for sure. A lot of ads, get no comment, then sellers think we are not helpful. Comments get left, some sellers think you are mean. It's really neither. It's the soft market for most projects. Rodney's circumstances could apply to a lot of folks. There is only so much time and money.

Amen to that BJM! The market is soft for a LOT of things right now (unless it is housing and utilities!):(

Sometimes it is really hard to tell what someone is meaning without body language and vocal expressions. Back when most people were limited by how far they could travel, they were very efficient at communicating via the written word, nowadays, not so much (no offense meant to anyone - I am just as bad if not worse than anyone else). It is not only a problem with what is written, but of how it is interpreted and received by the reader as well. That is why it is important for us to reciprocate communication, to make sure that what we understood was the writer's intentions.

Wow! I think I might get into this forum idea!;)

To get back on topic - I STILL have these for sale and my mortgage company would LOVE for me to sell them! Any one interested? ANYONE???

I hope that I didn't offend anyone with my comments. If I did I sincerely apologize. Keystrokes on a computer do not convey emotions. I think that comments I make sometimes come across much stronger than they are intended to be. It is my intention to help other forum members and not hurt anyone's feelings in the process.

Amen to that BJM! The market is soft for a LOT of things right now (unless it is housing and utilities!):(

So true. I tried to sell two Corvair stationwagons for parts for just the price above scrap and could not sell them. (they were not in good condition) The are now gone and sold for scrap. Needed the room.

UPDATE: I have removed the ad and am working on reposting them individually on Craigslist. I will also try posting them on here individually (with filled out forms) as I have the time. If anyone is interested, please call me.

THANKS!

Rodney

817-891-8510

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...